yconic - Course marks help?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Course marks help?

A photo of Hockey1923 Hockey1923
So Im currently in Grade 12, with hopes of getting into Macmaster or UTM life sciences, Biomedical in Guelph or Western and health sciences in Macmaster and University of Ottawa as well.
I know i wouldn't get early acceptance- my marks were in the 80s -had a terrible year last year
but this year- with my exam marks i should be at
Advance functions- 70
World issues- 94
Religion - we have to take it. - 94
English- 85

If I get a 85 in Calculus and vectors, a 90 in biology and a 90 in chemistry- would they really look at that advanced function mark? (trig messed me up big time.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of brady23 brady23
McMaster takes your Calculus mark, and you can replace your Advanced Functions mark with Physics or Chemistry.

As long as you get a mark that is higher than 70 for CHemistry or Physics, your Advanced Functions mark will not be counted.

Don't know about the other ones.

Your marks are great!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of boutdechou boutdechou
I know this may be an insane suggestion. But, you can always try repeating your advanced function course through night school. I am aware that you may have a super hard semester, but it's an idea. I talked to my guidance Councillor about the effects on repeating a course and he said that it does not matter unless you are applying to engineering. I am not sure if that is a valid fact so I also suggest to talk to your guidance councillor, they actually help. haha. Though, I suppose it should not matter so much if you get high marks on your other subjects.
Don't stress about it. You will be fine. Just better work hard on that bio and chemistry mark. I heard chemistry killed many and bio isn't as easy as grade 11. Or maybe it's just the teachers in my school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0