yconic - Course Selection for Grade 12
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Course Selection for Grade 12

A photo of s1995 s1995
Hey guys I'm currently in grade 11 right now heading to grade 12 next year and I have my eyes set on computer science/business in university. I have spoken with my guidence counselor about courses and he helped me to make a final draft. I was wondering what you guys would think about these courses for grade 12 if heading into computer science/business:

Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
Adv.Functions (MHF4U)
English (ENG4U)
Religion (HRE4M1) -Mandatory
Computer Science (ICS4U)
Accounting (BAT4M)
International Business (BBB4M)
Spare

I was a bit worried because after making this draft with my guidence counselor (I can still change it I havnt handed it in) I thought about what were to happen if I did bad in a course or messed up badly causing my marks to drop below 80%. Leave some feedback and any help about grade 12 info would be appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki
The courses you have are pretty good. Besides the MHF MCV ENG and that religion courses, you have 2 business courses that can boost up your mark.
I would consider data, geomatics as well since they're very easy.

computer science is ICS4U
Accounting is BAT4M not BTM4U
IB is BBB4M not BBM4U...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
Calculus, English, and Functions are great.

Accounting (I didn't know this was a U course), Business (I'm pretty sure this is an M course) and Computer Science are great as well.

You have a spare - so do lots of math during this time.

You don't need religion and the universities won't even look at it since it's a grade 11 open course. Just get a 50 in it or whatever you need to pass, and concentrate hard on your maths.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of s1995 s1995
Thanks for the corrections, I realized I made a few mistakes. Also, religion is mixed grade 12 but I can still switch it to open if I like what do you guys recommend?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of s1995 s1995

@Joshki wrote
The courses you have are pretty good. Besides the MHF MCV ENG and that religion courses, you have 2 business courses that can boost up your mark.
I would consider data, geomatics as well since they're very easy.

computer science is ICS4U
Accounting is BAT4M not BTM4U
IB is BBB4M not BBM4U...

Hey thanks for the reply. I originally selected data but my guidance counselor told me its useless to take all three maths and instead have a spare. I took it to raise my mark in the first place but he ended up telling me not to take it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of s1995 s1995
BUMP, anyone else?? it will be highly appreciated
Was this helpful? Yes 0