yconic - COURSE SELECTION TIME?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

COURSE SELECTION TIME?

A photo of tinahe tinahe
i was just wondering, if i have classes back to back, how do i have time to get to each class? If my first class ends at 1030, and my second one starts at 1030? will i be able to make it?

THANKS!
im so NEW to this!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
If you're attending U of T, classes start 10 minutes later than the actual time printed on your timetable. I assume most schools have some sort of system like that. I wouldn't worry about being late though - it's not like high school where you teachers actually care about whether you're punctual (or whether you go to class at all, for that matter). If you don't want to get on your prof's bad side, just let him/her know that it's a bit of a walk from your last class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
At U of A classes are scheduled 8-8:50, 9-9:50, etc. A 10 minute break is always factored in.

Some profs do care about being late. And at the very least go in the back door if there is one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@tinahe wrote
i was just wondering, if i have classes back to back, how do i have time to get to each class? If my first class ends at 1030, and my second one starts at 1030? will i be able to make it?

THANKS!
im so NEW to this!

I had to sneak out of some classes a wee bit early to make it to my next due to the long walk between.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner
At pretty much every university I've ever heard of in Canada, you will have ten minutes to walk between classes. Now, at some large campuses, if you have two classes at either end of the campus, that ten minutes may not be quite enough time, unless you are a speed walker.

But generally, when universities don't automatically put the ten minute break in between classes, you can assume it is there. So for a class from 0900 to 1000, the class actually goes from 0900 to 0950.
Was this helpful? Yes 0