yconic - Course selections?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Course selections?

A photo of 64crayons 64crayons
I've chosen my courses for grade eleven, but I'm still not entirely sure about it. These are already set in stone: English, French, Biology, Functions, World History to the 16th Century, Intro to Antho/Psych/Socio, and Understanding Canadian Law. My last chosen course is Chemistry, but I'm debating whether or not to take that out and instead choose World History Since 1900: Global and Regional Perspectives. World History since 1900 is an open course though, so I'm not sure how beneficial that would be. I'm planning on studying English/writing at university so I will focus on the humanities in high school.

Any advice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of canta93loupe canta93loupe
If you're not going to go into science, I highly, HIGHLY recommend that you do NOT take chemistry. Or any sciences in general. Gr 11 Bio was okay though (it was more social science-y than any of the other science courses, in my opinion), if you really wanted to take it.

I knew that I wanted to go into social sciences/humanities but I made the mistake of taking chem and bio to "keep my options open" but that was a MISTAKE. If you don't need it and you don't LOVE the subject, then don't take it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
^
Agreed
I did all 6 senior level sciences but only because I knew that I wanted to go into sciences.
But I have friends who took grade 11 sciences and had a HORRIBLE time because they had no interest in it and ended up coming out with like.. 60-70s.
So if you have absolute NO interest in Chemistry, don't take it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0