yconic - Courses
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Courses

A photo of brady23 brady23
Hey guys,

Would taking Robotic Engineering and Computer Engineering in grade 12 help me with mechanical engineering in university?

I have 2 spares, so should I take these 2 courses instead? A lot of people were telling me that it wouldn't really help you that much, and I'm better off with the spares. Any advice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Haru Haru
Just take them. If you really don't feel like they're of any use later on, you can always drop and have your two spares back. However, it's harder to get into them once you've let the opportunity slip.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of brady23 brady23

@Haru wrote
Just take them. If you really don't feel like they're of any use later on, you can always drop and have your two spares back. However, it's harder to get into them once you've let the opportunity slip.

Yeah, but I thought of choosing bird courses like Economics and French because of my courses (2 Maths, 3 Sciences). I think taking Comp Eng and Robotics would kill me. I was thinking of just joining the RObotics club and just learning for fun, but I don't know if I would learn as much as taking the course.

And I'm not sure if these courses would help in Mechanical Engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0