yconic - Criminology in Toronto.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Criminology in Toronto.

A photo of melissa93 melissa93
So I have applied to both Ryerson and University of Toronto for Criminology and Criminal Justice. Just wondering how good thier programs are, and how they could compare to other universities that offer these programs. Also the average to get into these two programs, I have heard alot of different numbers. I also have already gotten accepted into Carleton for Crim on conditional offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of ashley99948 ashley99948
I was actually thinking the same thing, I was considering U of T for criminology but i wasnt sure if I was making the right choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Use this

http://www.electronicinfo.ca/en/page.php?id=36&j=1&flash=1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of melissa93 melissa93
yes thanks I've been referred to this website for almost everything.
I want a more student prespective on these universities and programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of annaphoenix annaphoenix
I applied for Criminology at U of T as well and I read on the website that the average acceptance for the program was around 84%

I also have a friend who was accepted to the program and she had an 88% average at the end of grade 12. Hope that helps a little bit!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh, and it's also important to focus on getting a good mark in English in order to be accepted to those programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh, and it's also important to focus on getting a good mark in English in order to be accepted to those programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of deathangel deathangel
OP, if you want to guarantee yourself an offer from UofT, DO NOT list "Criminology" as the program you are applying because for that program, they expect a higher high school average from you. Choose something easier like "Sociology" or "Books and Media" so you can have a higher chance of getting in. I know because that was what I did when I applied ;P
Trust me, you don't get to choose your major until you're in 2nd year. There are a lot of people in arts sci who ended up in another major, different from the one they chose when they applied to UofT in high school.

Anyway, once you get into UofT, just work as hard as you can to meet the requirement for Criminology(which I believe is 2.7 GPA= 70%+ average), because first year's CGPA determines what major you can go into in 2nd year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
Isn't York known for its Criminology program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0