yconic - CS vs IT vs Business Informatics..Pls help
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

CS vs IT vs Business Informatics..Pls help

A photo of dsun20 dsun20
TSC University of Toronto
Co-op Computer Science (COOP) [INFORMATION SYSTEMS]

STT Ryerson University
Business Technology Management - Advanced Standing 5th Semester - For Ontario College 3 year Diploma Graduates with specializations in IT, Computer Programming or Telecommunications (PT)

MBO McMaster University
Business Informatics (Co-op)(Above Level I) (COOP)

YFO York University
YK: Administrative Studies - Information Technology [INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY]

I have a 3 years Advance College Diploma,my plan is going to get a low paid full time job and taking some part time courses at University. I will try to get a good coop position during coop term.Can someone give me some suggestions about these programs?Actually, my math is soso...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of nehalkazim nehalkazim
Hey dsun20,

I'm a business student but with friends in both CS and IT at Ryerson University.

I'm not sure if you understand the difference between the programs. IT is focused more on understanding technology from a management and consulting perspective. Where CS is focused on design and development.

There are many students that go into IT expecting to learn languages such as Java, Javascript, C, C#, etc. You will be taught little or no languages and knowledge to create technology.

What kind of job are you looking for after graduation? What type of co-op would you be interested in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WolfDale WolfDale

@nehalkazim wrote
Hey dsun20,

I'm a business student but with friends in both CS and IT at Ryerson University.

I'm not sure if you understand the difference between the programs. IT is focused more on understanding technology from a management and consulting perspective. Where CS is focused on design and development.

There are many students that go into IT expecting to learn languages such as Java, Javascript, C, C#, etc. You will be taught little or no languages and knowledge to create technology.

What kind of job are you looking for after graduation? What type of co-op would you be interested in?

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm I'm the same boat (except for the fact that I am currently in my final year of high school and will be attending university as a full time student next year)

I'm looking at extending my education after an undergrad by applying for an MBA at western. I plan to work in a corporate position at a tech-focused company. What do you suggest?

I actually posted more details at the RFD forums:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/interested-business-cs-but-lost-university-applications-ontario-1128545/

Input would be great, thanks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nehalkazim nehalkazim
PM'd WolfDale
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of WolfDale WolfDale
I'd like to extend my thanks again :)

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0