yconic - Current Schulich Student
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Current Schulich Student

A photo of Rush Rush
I am a current undergrauate student at Schulich. I have enjoyed my experience thus far but am not shy to share an objective view of the school. Please message me if you have any questions. Do your basic research as I will not be taking time to answer questions to which you could easily find the answers on the Schulich/York websites.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
22 replies

A photo of TruthfulTruist TruthfulTruist
Are you doing BBA or iBBA?

Would you have considered BBA or iBBA (depending on which one you wouldn't have chosen)?

What Universities did you apply to?

What factors went into your decision?

Why did you end up going to Schulich?

Sorry if these are general questions but everyone has a different answer. :) I'm hoping to get accepted into Schulich as it's my top choice.

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Rush Rush

@TruthfulTruist wrote
Thanks

Check your Inbox TruthfulTruist.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JoeSmith JoeSmith
How important are the extracurricular activities, references letters and essays?

What would you say the weight factor for each is?(including marks)

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@JoeSmith wrote
How important are the extracurricular activities, references letters and essays?

Thanks

oh ya good question. i'd like to know the answer to that too xD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rush Rush

@JoeSmith wrote

Thanks

It's 50% SAP and 50% marks. I don't know how the admissions office breaks down the sections of the SAP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of newguy1 newguy1
What was your entering average/EC's and do you think you did the SAP well?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dreamswharton dreamswharton

@Rush wrote
I am a current undergrauate student at Schulich. I have enjoyed my experience thus far but am not shy to share an objective view of the school. Please message me if you have any questions. Do your basic research as I will not be taking time to answer questions to which you could easily find the answers on the Schulich/York websites.

What do you plan to specialize in? If not accounting or marketing, why did you choose Schulich?

Which firms are considered to be the most prestigious recruiters to students at Schulich? (exclude the big four for accounting, and big three for marketing)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Rush Rush
newguy1 and dreamswharton check your inbox.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JoeSmith JoeSmith

@newguy1 wrote

Can I have the answer to this question too?

Thank You
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru

@JoeSmith wrote

@newguy1 wrote

Can I have the answer to this question too?

Thank You

same ty.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rush Rush
My entrance average is irrelevant. For 2010, entering undergraduate students had a 92.5 percent average – with cut-offs for admission beginning at 90.5 percent, according to the Dean's office. It varies every year since what is important is the averages of those with whom you are applying.

My SAP was pretty strong, since I had done a lot and anything I had done I could tie into business somehow. Do yourself a favour and search up what Schulich is about, including some student clubs that are available for you to join. Depending on the question, you could throw in some knowledge you have about the school and demonstrate how you have taken the time to research why you really want to be here.

Hope this helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DKDG DKDG
Yo rush, i have a question.

After my activity log, I wrote a short paragraph about why I have no activities over some period of time due to an accident I had. On the form itself,theres a checkbox near "letter of extenuating circumstanceS". Do i have to check it off? Its not really a letter, but it does talk about how my activities were affected :s
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DestinyAwaits DestinyAwaits
Do we have to mail our high school transcripts to the York Admissions office? It says they need to be mailed directly however, I thought York would already receive our marks through OUAC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rush Rush

@DKDG wrote
Yo rush, i have a question.

After my activity log, I wrote a short paragraph about why I have no activities over some period of time due to an accident I had. On the form itself,theres a checkbox near "letter of extenuating circumstanceS". Do i have to check it off? Its not really a letter, but it does talk about how my activities were affected :s

Sorry for the delay!

I would get in touch with the admissions office at Schulich (their contact information should be included somewhere in the documentation you received) since that is a question for them directly.

@DestinyAwaits wrote
Do we have to mail our high school transcripts to the York Admissions office? It says they need to be mailed directly however, I thought York would already receive our marks through OUAC

Ask your high school advising counselor. They will be able to access your OUAC profile with you and see what may or may not have happened. In my experience this is all done automatically through OUAC, so definitely re-read any documentation you have to see if that concerns international students or something else that may be irrelevant to you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed
Out of curiosity, how tight-knit do you feel Schulich is? My friend is in Schulich and he says that he feels like he knows everyone in his year.

Do you feel like that as well?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rush Rush

@dancecubed wrote
Out of curiosity, how tight-knit do you feel Schulich is? My friend is in Schulich and he says that he feels like he knows everyone in his year.

Do you feel like that as well?

I would tend to agree with that statement. If you make an effort to get to know those in your graduating year you can definitely know a lot of them. There is only about 380 incoming students every year...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rush Rush
'Tis the season. Bump.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of username101 username101
What 2 courses did you take as you optionals in year 1?

Why did you choose those two? and reactions?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rush Rush

@username101 wrote
What 2 courses did you take as you optionals in year 1?

Why did you choose those two? and reactions?

I'm an iBBA student so we take a language course and an elective (it's best to get your globally-focused courses out of the way sooner).

I took French as well as Rock and Popular Music (g-f). I am fluent in French so those were two easy terms and music is my passion so Rock and Pop was more fun than tedious when it came to the tests (there were four all year and these were our only evaluation methods).

Schulich recommends you take a language in which you are already knowledgeable. I do too otherwise it's a pain to learn an entirely new language and takes so much more time for the same grade/credit. Your electives should be composed of subjects that interest you or that are relevant to your field of study (I suggest you take math if you know you want to go into Finance, psychology is good for marketing, and such).

Cheers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SchulichAmbassador SchulichAmbassador
Hey Rush, I'm a first year iBBA hoping to specialize in finance too. Are you also going on exchange in fourth year? What globally focused course did you take in second year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0