yconic - Dalhousie University
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Dalhousie University

A photo of JerM JerM
Does anyone have experience with going to Dalhousie University in Halifax, NS? I plan on going there and I was just wondering what everyone thought of it! :cheese:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
I live in Dartmouth (right across the bridge).

I know a lot of people that go to Dal, and they all seem to like it. It is especially strong in the sciences, and to be even more specific, oceanology and stuff like that.

It is considered to be quite reputable here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ederoo ederoo
Dal is definitely the best in Atlantic Canada. Halifax isn't bad either...most bars per capita
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@ederoo wrote
Dal is definitely the best in Atlantic Canada. Halifax isn't bad either...most bars per capita

While on the topic of Atlantic Canada - I'm going on a road trip out that way this summer; where should I go?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clarab clarab
I'm from Atlantic Canada- and it's certainly good to be back home for the holidays!

mynameismattgotmlgo- you should go to St. Andrews, NB, PEI (pretty much anywhere in PEI is great), Cape Breton, Lunenberg, Fredericton (my home town:)), shediac, and everywhere in between! Cap Pele is exceptionally nice too, but a bit more out of the way than shediac.
Oh, and the annapolis valley is amaaazing, I definitely go there. And if you're into camping, Fundy Park is reaaly great.

Haha, I pretty much just sent you all over the maritimes except for northern NB and Newfoundland, but realistically you'd need the entire summer to cover everything and really appreciate it!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jennadavid jennadavid
Dal is gorgeous, I applied for sciences there and got accepted. But have chosen not to go there, due to how large the classroom sizes are. Although, I absolutely love Halifax and Dal is known to be an amazing school. Good luck with everything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maggie2092 maggie2092
I'm from Nova Scotia. I applied to Dal and have been accepted into their nursing program. Dal is very well well known for the science programs, and would probably rank number 1 in science-related degrees in the Maritimes. It has a very large campus, and most of the residence's are quite old, but you'll meet some incredible people there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maritimevalley maritimevalley
While on the topic of Atlantic Canada - I'm going on a road trip out that way this summer; where should I go?

Im from the Annapolis Valley, you have to visit Wolfville area if you come down. Also I'd say you have to see the Halifax waterfront during the summer, as well as Mahone Bay. After that, anywhere in PEI is great for tourists
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@jennadavid wrote
Dal is gorgeous, I applied for sciences there and got accepted. But have chosen not to go there, due to how large the classroom sizes are. Although, I absolutely love Halifax and Dal is known to be an amazing school. Good luck with everything.

I have been looking into their Science program and curious as to how large is the classroom size ? Bigger than Universities in Toronto?
Was this helpful? Yes 0