yconic - DATA MANAGEMENT HELP
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

DATA MANAGEMENT HELP

A photo of RyanJones123 RyanJones123
I need some help really urgently on this question:

Decide which random sampling method should be used in order for the result to be unbiased:
a) choosing a member of the Olympic team to carry the flag
b) selecting someone from your school for the hockey skills competition
c) selecting a bank teller to take a customer service course

They make no sense :@

This is from chapter 2 btw, (eg, Simple random sampling, systematic random sampling, stratified random sampling, cluster random sampling, multi-stage random sampling, destructive sampling).

I have no idea why you would choose a sampling method for selecting one guy, and have no idea which method would best fit. Any help?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of RyanJones123 RyanJones123
No Data management wizards:(? I can somewhat guess the first and last as being simple random sampling, but the for part "b)" I'm confused.

It could be simple random sampling, but since it's someone from my entire school, shouldn't it be something like multi-stage random? But then again, only one person is being selected so I'm reluctant. Ahh, help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Doop Doop
The question is worded very strangely...

Decide which random sampling method should be used in order for the result to be unbiased

If the result is unbiased, then wouldn't it be simple random for all of them? Regardless of the qualifications.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DoctorLawyerDentist DoctorLawyerDentist
From what the question says, it sounds like simple random is the answer. I have no idea why you need all this to select 1 person, and this 1 person does not even need to represent the group. So, wtf?
Was this helpful? Yes 0