yconic - Data Management
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Data Management

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hello, I don't know exactly where to start, but I'm just frustrated now, hearing that it is very helpful to have taken Data Management in HS, which helps with university math. I just never thought about it.

I just need some input as to what I should do because it might be hard to change courses now, as I don't know how full Data Management will be in second semester.

On top of that the courses I have in second semester are: Calculus and Vectors, International Business, Accounting, and Economics. So if I was to change, I don't know which course to take out?

Any Advice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Don't stress out about it. Yes, data helps, but you won't die if you don't take it. In Schulich right now, first year stats is the same material as data up until the midterm exam. After the midterm, everything you learn is new.

If you can get data in, then do it. If not, don't worry about it. I know people who didn't take data, but are still doing well. It's all up to how much effort you want to put in later on.

If you have to take a course out, take out International Business. Other than being an "average booster", it won't help much. Accounting is useful, Calc is usually a prerequisite, and first year university econ is similar to high school econ.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
okay thanks very much
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
You're very welcome.(:
Was this helpful? Yes 0