yconic - dealing with stress
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

dealing with stress

A photo of coreymaida coreymaida
I am currently still in high school and getting more and more nervous as college is around the corner, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with the assignments, tests, general work and then the exams. I will be taking an average of 5 or 6 classes a semester in Environmental Technology.

Any tips?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
For shame.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of linds007 linds007
Start out with 5. Make a schedule and stick to it, but also put in time for yourself. I've been in university for a long time now, and I would have given up a long time ago if it wasn't for "me" time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MausC MausC
Green tea.

http://www.greentealibrary.com/Green%20Tea%20&%20Stress%20-%20Article.htm

Seriously. It's the next best thing to smoking for stress reduction (and smoking is bad for your health and is chemically addictive, green tea is not!).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ikenna Ikenna
Sneaking in a nap every now and then never hurt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LacyW LacyW
Stressed? Take a walk, just stroll around (or walk your dog if you have one) Clear your mind from all the stuff you are frusterated about... Its what helps me out. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I often vent by doing something I enjoy like reading. Most of the time though, I go to someone else to vent or get advice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Alison.Perovich Alison.Perovich
Hey,

Depending on what you're studying College could be a lot more difficult or sometimes it's even easier than high school!

I live in Quebec so it might be different here, but in High School our teachers rarely told us what percentage our assignments, tests, and homework were worth. I find it much easier to keep track of how I'm doing in my classes knowing exactly where I stand on each assignment. I find it very motivating.

In my first semester of CEGEP (Quebec College) I had ten three hour courses per week (career programs are intense because you don't have to go to University after) and I spent way more time at school and doing homework outside of school. But because I was now studying something I was really interested in (instead of math, for example, in high school) I found it a lot easier and it was a much more pleasurable experience!

In high school my average was always in the low 70s and now in CEGEP I'm getting high 80s! College has given me a passion for school and now I've decided I actually want to be a CEGEP teacher!

I switched programs (from Graphic Design to Art and Culture) after a couple of semesters, but my point is that if you study something you're passionate about and enjoy learning about, college will be a great experience for you!

Also, I found joining the gym a great way to relieve stress!

Take care,

Alison
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rex07 Rex07

@coreymaida wrote
I am currently still in high school and getting more and more nervous as college is around the corner, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with the assignments, tests, general work and then the exams. I will be taking an average of 5 or 6 classes a semester in Environmental Technology.

Any tips?

Don't worry about anything else.College is much easier than school i guess.Stress comes in all forms and affects people of all ages and all walks of life. No external standards can be applied to predict stress levels in individuals -- one need not have a traditionally stressful job to experience workplace stress, just as a parent of one child may experience more stress related to parenting than a parent of several children. The degree of stress in our lives is highly dependent upon individual factors such as our physical health, the quality of our interpersonal relationships, the number of commitments and responsibilities we carry, the degree of others' dependence upon and expectations of us, the amount of support we receive from others, and the number of changes or traumatic events that have recently occurred in our lives.

Regards,
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Time management. And making sure you're leaving time for stress relievers (working out, ECs, going out with friends etc). I was way more stressed when I did nothing but did work compared to if I went out for a couple hours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ninnastromburg ninnastromburg
Hi,

First I would like to say thanks for creating this thread!
It is highly relevant I think, and there all ready many great answers - especially the one by Rex07:)

I would say:
We are all different, but most of us also need "me-time" and good friends else we brake.

Good luck in College coreymaida, I am sure you will be fine!

Best regards
Ninna Stromburg
Employer in Business:
http://phonez.dk/
http://lux-case.de/
http://lux-case.co.uk/

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rani rani
PARTY EVERY WEEKEND :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0