yconic - DECA PROVS This Weekend/Week!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

DECA PROVS This Weekend/Week!

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4
Who's going?

What Category?

Which School (optional)

Who wants to meet up? :P:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0
24 replies

A photo of EdwardZ EdwardZ

@Windsongs4 wrote
Who's going?

What Category?

Which School (optional)

Hey, I am not going~

nevertheless if i were, my category would have been International Business Plan
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lol -thanks for the input. in my opinion you should be going, since you're more enthusiastic than those actually going -_-

btw- this is for ontario provs (just realised i never specified)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EdwardZ EdwardZ
lol, I would love to go, however I already made it to the internationals this year via the Stock Market Competition, so I figure I should rather focus my time on writing a good proposal to be presented at the internationals!

I sincerely wish that you would win and be going to the internationals! see you at Salt Lake City lol!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

OOH stock market game- CONGRATZ!!
smart to focus on the proposal!

as for icdc - i made icdc last year with qsrm (1st) but was unable to go bec of stupidly annoying ib exams -_-

so this year- talk about self-pressure; there's nowhere to go but down :S
hope to see you in salt lake city too! and on the podium :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JumboJet JumboJet

@Windsongs4 wrote
Who's going?

What Category?

Which School (optional)

International Business Plan

We're a brand new chapter and I'm not expecting to qualify for ICDC but I just want to give a solid performance, network and have fun!

What are you competing in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Good goals! and good luck! :)

I'm doing Quick Serve Restaurant Management -Oral:Singles
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of w18 w18
Yes! I'm going for Business Finance :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

niceee- luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz

@JumboJet wrote

We're a brand new chapter and I'm not expecting to qualify for ICDC but I just want to give a solid performance, network and have fun!

during my schools first year we sent 3 competitors to ICDC, plus 2 for that development thing (forget what its called)

during year 2 we sent like 10 competitors plus 3 to development.

you guys can do it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super
QSRM is competitive, but good luck! My friend placed 3rd at ICDC in 2009. I went that year for the leadership workshops, lol.

Our school stopped having DECA ever since. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Super wrote
QSRM is competitive, but good luck! My friend placed 3rd at ICDC in 2009. I went that year for the leadership workshops, lol.

sucks bout the end of deca for you guys :( and congratz to your friend and yourself for going!

QSRM is competitive? didnt know- wonder why:bounce: but i did it last year and it went really well, soo- same one this year :P and thanks :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@Windsongs4 wrote

@Super wrote

sucks bout the end of deca for you guys :( and congratz to your friend and yourself for going!

QSRM is competitive? didnt know- wonder why:bounce: but i did it last year and it went really well, soo- same one this year :P and thanks :)

QSRM is usually the category people choose because it's relatable to everyone.

Pro tip: when you get to ICDC, get to know the QSRM category's title sponsor. My friend said he was favored by the judge since he investigated into the company's brochures and memorized somethings he could relate to in the case.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

smarttt super! and at provs- QSRM sponsor was Ivey - LOL :P:P:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
WOODLANDS SUCKS!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Have you guys heard about Gordon Graydon's DECA chapter?

Yeah, neither have I.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
I did DECA in high school and went to ICDC in 2008, 2009, 2010. In 2008 and 2009 it was for ENPF and in 2010 it was for EPP. In 2008 I made it to the finals, but that was the highest I ever got. It really is too bad...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of deca4life deca4life
I know how you feel IB exams are a piss off :(

I went to ICDC back in grade 10 but couldnt go last year because of SL Math and SL ITGS. Qualified again this year, but cant go cause of HL English -_-
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ndrwzheng ndrwzheng
Anyone from this forum going to ICDC this year??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92
so yeah, im not going to icdc =(
what sucks even more is the guy who got first place in my event ( enpi) had the same damn idea as ME, i even talked to him !!!! Stupid judge:@
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@deca4life wrote

I went to ICDC back in grade 10 but couldnt go last year because of SL Math and SL ITGS. Qualified again this year, but cant go cause of HL English -_-

SAMEE -i couldnt go last year cuz of math sl -__________- and ib wouldnt let me write it in florida -____________-

for this year tho - its ENGLISH =no studying! plus DECA is 8 days -with only the first 4-ish days for competition -therefore what im doing is leaving the competition early by 2 or 3 days so i can get back in time for english exam :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of deca4life deca4life

@Windsongs4 wrote

@deca4life wrote

SAMEE -i couldnt go last year cuz of math sl -__________- and ib wouldnt let me write it in florida -____________-

for this year tho - its ENGLISH =no studying! plus DECA is 8 days -with only the first 4-ish days for competition -therefore what im doing is leaving the competition early by 2 or 3 days so i can get back in time for english exam :)

Yeah our co-ordinator wont sent it there either. And we cant come back earlier. Like honestly, its just English. No studying required. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@deca4life wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

@deca4life wrote

Yeah our co-ordinator wont sent it there either. And we cant come back earlier. Like honestly, its just English. No studying required. :(

that sucks :(((
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion

@Windsongs4 wrote

@deca4life wrote

@Windsongs4 wrote

@deca4life wrote

that sucks :(((

I think I am not going to this year's ICDC afterall, materials covered in 6 days of school would be really tough for any gr 12 students to catch on. I think DECA's expanding the length of time for ICDC just to charge more money. I would go if it were 5 days
Was this helpful? Yes 0

its only 6 days...
i guess it depends what courses you have -but personally i would do it. or you could just leave early...?:bigsmurf:
Was this helpful? Yes 0