yconic - Decision - McGill or Toronto
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Decision - McGill or Toronto

A photo of MattUK MattUK
No idea about the appeal of foreign uni's in UK (esp. Canada) but I reckon the standing would not be extremely high with the likes of Durham, Oxford, UCL,Imperial, Cambridge, LSE and others being existent in the UK.
I plan on going to UoT for social sci. to study International relations (possibly a double major along with eco.). I have heard good rep. for UoT's eco. program yet I'm frankly not aware of McGill's. With either's name you should expect a lot of recognition either way.
I'd go to UoT if you plan for a polsci minor. You could go one step closer to your major and do int. relations. I am not aware of McGill offering a comparable program. Int. Relations will be much more beneficial to you for field (economics) than political science alone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of takavar takavar
No idea about the appeal of foreign uni's in UK (esp. Canada) but I reckon the standing would not be extremely high with the likes of Durham, Oxford, UCL,Imperial, Cambridge, LSE and others being existent in the UK.
I plan on going to UoT for social sci. to study International relations (possibly a double major along with eco.). I have heard good rep. for UoT's eco. program yet I'm frankly not aware of McGill's. With either's name you should expect a lot of recognition either way.
I'd go to UoT if you plan for a polsci minor. You could go one step closer to your major and do int. relations. I am not aware of McGill offering a comparable program. Int. Relations will be much more beneficial to you for field (economics) than political science alone.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
McGill! ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
U of T's Econ is much much better than McGill's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0