yconic - Decision Pending UofT Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Decision Pending UofT Engineering

A photo of IronMan IronMan
I am an international student and I have applied to engineering at UofT. My status changed to decision pending last friday and no offer yet. So, I decided to e-mail them and this is what I ve got: Your application has now been reviewed and your decision should be reflected on the Applicant Portal by the end of next week. Please check the OUAC and your Applicant Portal frequently over the next week or so for the final decision. What does it mean ? Am I rejected or what ? In case of rejection, do they give alternate offers to other engineering programs for international students ?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
30 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I don't think you have been rejected, not yet anyway.. dunno how you got that. Doesn't the mail just say that you will know the outcome by the end of next week?

Good luck =]
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I actually e-mailed them to know why my status has been now for than one week decision pending and no offer yet and they told me this:

Your application has now been reviewed and your decision should be reflected on the Applicant Portal by the end of next week. Please check the OUAC and your Applicant Portal frequently over the next week or so for the final decision. You will also receive a letter in the mail from us in a week from now reflecting the Admission Committee’s decision.

I really don't know what it is but I am too worried !!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

UofT are notorious for being slow with applications.. If it makes you feel any better, my application turned from "not yet reviewed" to "under review" about the same time as yours (end April) and it's still under review.. And there are still people whose applications have yet to be reviewed, so I don't think you should be worried because it has taken them so long..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, My application was to be like yours if I didn't e-mail them. My story is a little bit funny with UofT Engineering!! Actually, my application was complete on April, 12th so I started to check my application from time to time to see if there is any change in my status. I waited for almost two weeks and nothing so I decided to e-mail them. The next day, which means after two weeks ( my status: not yet reviewed ) I got a response from them about the e-mail of the day before, saying that we are currently reviewing so many applications and I have to wait etc.. Surprisingly, that day I received the e-mail from them my status changed to under review. I was a little bit happy and excited to hear from them soon. However, same my application stayed under review for two weeks and no change. So, I said to myself well, they can't take two weeks to review one application their must be sthg wrong. All I did, I e-mailed them again and heared from them the day after and again my application changed to decision pending the same day which means after 4 weeks my application was complete lol and 2 weeks it was under review. I worried then because I read on some forums here that it would take max 3 days to receive a decision. However, after a week no decision so I thought that maybe another e-mail will work even if it is not after 2 weeks like before so I got from the e-mail saying you ll receive an offer soon but no change in my status til now. What makes me worry too much is the fact that they ve already made a decision on friday, 13 th and my program didn't change to another one ( in case of alternate offer) and so many people got in my first choice eng sci and the residence I applied to Innis College and still I haven't heard anything from them! Now for your case, you may still hope because they haven't reviewed your app yet !! if you see what I mean !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hmm.. seems to me that the only ones who can help you are the UofT admissions people. Anyway, do indeed let me know when something happens, quite curious for my own app
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well I don't think they will help me out if they don't admit me after all this waiting! I have excellent grades and good EC's and I can't see why they would reject me !! but anyway I will keep my fingers crossed for the best! however , have you got in or still waiting too? are you an international student?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeah, I'm an international student too. I live in Denmark, am Chinese by origin, however Canadian citizen.

I applied to EngSci too. The application is still under review, but I suspect that it will go directly from under review to accepted/rejected.

I, too, am pretty good academically and have good EC's, but I guess all EngScis do
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chan25 chan25
My status is on decision pending as well. Did you guys take chemistry? I never did advanced chemistry, was wondering if that is essential to get acceptance. Applied for engineering science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Not sure what mine corresponds to but we have grade 13 in Denmark but I only had chemistry until grade 12.
I do, however, assume that if your chemistry was a problem they would have noticed you before your app went "decision pending".

Btw. hate the fact that you're both on decision pending.. while I remain under review.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I am an international student too lately on the Join UofT website someone from the Admissions office posted this: Hi everyone! U of T here.
We’re still processing decisions. 101s will continue to go out this week. 105s will be going out as decisions are made.
Please sit tight — you’ll hear from us soon!
Continue to monitor Application Status Check or Engineering Applicant Portal and this site.
Well, According to this decisions for international students will be going out as soon as decisions are made. While, my application has been decision pending for mostly two weeks now and according to the previous e-mail my decision has already been done. That's so confusing. If they want to reject me regardless of my high average and my rigorous curriculum why they would let me wait too much. Otherwise, I am really curious to know what's keeping them from posting my decision. Please some further help regarding this. I am so worried as I am really looking forward to hear positive news from them.

P.S I am taking the french IB and I have taken adavnced Chemistry- Physics - maths ( Calculus - algebra - geometry ) - Biology - Earth science - French!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yay, mine changed to "Decision pending" as well :cheers: .. guess that's a good thing o.O

What I do about the unbearable times of waiting?
I just try to remain calm, there's really absolutely nothing we can do to change the outcome right now. I believe that I will know the decision as soon as it's possible, as I doubt that UofT would have interest in having it any other way. Furthermore, it really doesn't change anything in my plans if I know it today or next week, so I just get through my final exams and enjoy my last days as a high school student as much as possible.

Have fun while you still can and enjoy your spare time to the utmost because when you are admitted to EngSci, which I'm sure you will be if your academic level is as good as you say, you will be enduring four years of hell, and I would imagine that even though that's the dream for all of us, we will look at our current selves jealously.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You re right! But I don't think I would enjoy graduation soon! my finals are on june 21 st! a long way to go! And a lot of prep. really, the fact that I have to wait for UofT decision is really bothering me because I am too worried and can't even concentrate on my coming exams!! I really hope they will let me in! As for newt year if ever they admit me. Personally and thanks god, I don't think it will be hard for me as I am used to in my country's educational system to 36h+ class and I pretty have studied all first year program. the only thnig I may have to deal with is to accomodate to syudy all subjects in english and the testing system !! Lol but good luck to everyone! I am really happy for you and wish to see us both next year at UofT lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh , by the way, I tried to log in now to my join uoft website and I get this: we are currently unable to retrieve your application info please check your status for further info!! Do you have any idea about that ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

nah, got the same.. Maybe they need to update something or have technical issues. I don't think it has anything with our applications to do, think it happened a few times before.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

or Maybe preparing to admit poeple !! by updating their status let's keep fingers crossed lol :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah maybe, we can always hope :cheers:

However, most people found their responses at OUAC first, and also, the apptrack attached to the portal has nothing with the engineering department to do as far as I know, so I'd be surprised if they'll post it there first/at all. But who knows? Maybe this is it, maybe we're mere minutes from celebration :cheers: :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

They say that Join uoft is updated faster than any other university website soo yeah many of the ppl posting there said that you receive a pop-up congratulating you lol I am just looking forward to that. Between, do you know when exactly your status got updated from pending review to decsion pending ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, this evening I guess. Dunno the exact time, but when I checked this afternoon around 4 pm GMT+1 it was still under review and now it's just past midnight
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Don't think that I'll know my decision today though. Really doubt that they would change my application status just to change it again 3 hours later..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

They can!! I know people whose status changed from decision pending to Accepted same day!! LOl maybe they have reviewed now all the applications and they are releasing them!! don't forget that the max of offers is tomorrow 25th of may as far as I know !!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Whoa..!! Heard it was the 30th, really hard to tell what's true and what's not with everyone hearing stuff from someone who heard from someone else.

Oh well, I got a physics exam to study to tomorrow, so I should really go to sleep, but if 25th is indeed the deadline I guess I'll have something to look forward to (hopefully..)

Good luck! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well I guess the 25th deadline is true especially as regards international students like us because they have to mail your admission package. if they wait until the 30th that must be a rejection. Otherwise, when do you think you can get your officila admission package lol. Anyway, Good luck to you too and if ever you get sthg Pm me or post a re^pply on the forum!! Good luck for your exam too lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

:cheers: :cheers: ACCEPTED!! :cheers: :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I congratulate you!! I am happy for you! As for me, I think I am going to have a heart attack I lost all hope !! I am about to cry because I am still pending !!
Hey, by the way, to which program ? and which residence ? any scolarship ? what letter does your last name start by ? did they sent any e-mail?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted