yconic - Decisions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Decisions

A photo of NuEra NuEra
Hey, im sketchy about whether i want to go into accounting or not, but im leaning towards it, so do you guys think that afm-fm at waterloo is a good option over schulich, rotman, and laurier bba? im iffy about accounting because high school accounting was reallllly boring
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of apark17 apark17
i would either go to schulich or laurier.

are you going to be commuting? how do you like the campuses?

what other factors are you looking for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NuEra NuEra
i live in the peel region so if its schulich im probably going to commute, laurier and waterloo i would be on res, and i realllly want res loll, i wana have alot of fun, butt i neeed a pro co-op term which is pulling me to waterloo, since laurier is like 30% co-op
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@apark17 wrote
i would either go to schulich or laurier.

+ 1

Waterloo is good for accounting and finance, but Schulich and Laurier allow more leeway. Since you said accounting doesn't overly interest you, I would go to Schulich or Laurier as there are better alternatives at these schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@NuEra wrote
i live in the peel region so if its schulich im probably going to commute, laurier and waterloo i would be on res, and i realllly want res loll, i wana have alot of fun, butt i neeed a pro co-op term which is pulling me to waterloo, since laurier is like 30% co-op

i doubt its 30%? if you want to keep your options open go to laurier, you'll have mad parties along with good lookin girls.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@apark17 wrote

@NuEra wrote

i doubt its 30%? if you want to keep your options open go to laurier, you'll have mad parties along with good lookin girls.

The co-op placement is 97% (all SBE so includes DD), but the number of people who get co-op isn't that high, I think a little over 30%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@johnnycanuck wrote

@apark17 wrote

@NuEra wrote

The co-op placement is 97% (all SBE so includes DD), but the number of people who get co-op isn't that high, I think a little over 30%.

johnny what is the difference between placement and the people who get it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs
He means that 30% of the people get the co-op and once you are in co-op the placement rate is 97%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0