yconic - Deferred by Rotman Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Deferred by Rotman Commerce

A photo of jerryc9309 jerryc9309
Hey guyz, I am a student from Vancouver. Applying Rotman Commerce. #1 choice on OUAC.
My interim Eng mark is 86 and a solid 94 for calculus. Avg 91.8
But I got deferred, and they are going to look at my application again by late may.
I think my weakness are: I withdraw from math and calculus before, but there is only a W on my transcript. So i guess thats not repeating.
And i suck at chemistry, got 19% final. But I replace is with a 88% Biology and currently completing the course..

My questions are: are there alot of ppl out there share the same situation as I am?
And what are the chances of getting for me right now?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

what are the chances of getting accepted* for me now?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca

@jerryc9309 wrote

what are your ECs? if ur ECs are weak then thats probably why ..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@GoBarca wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

what are your ECs? if ur ECs are weak then thats probably why ..

I choose the 2nd topic. Because its leadership i onli mentioned in details of my experience as the captain of basketball team and leader of a student-led enterprise.

I thought I did a good job describing these 2. but i didnt mention any other stuff, cuz i dont want to show the importance of these 2 . wondering if thats the right move?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@jerryc9309 wrote
Hey guyz, I am a student from Vancouver. Applying Rotman Commerce. #1 choice on OUAC.
But I got deferred, and they are going to look at my application again by late may.
I think my weakness are: I withdraw from math and calculus before, but there is only a W on my transcript. So i guess thats not repeating.
And i suck at chemistry, got 19% final. But I replace is with a 88% Biology and currently completing the course..

My questions are: are there alot of ppl out there share the same situation as I am?

The withdrawn courses may be hurting you. Have you looked up their policy on withdrawn courses?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

The withdrawn courses may be hurting you. Have you looked up their policy on withdrawn courses?

Nope. I havent encounter that part yet. But its too late to change anything now, isnt it?
I think it might be the Ws, but its not against their repeated course policy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@jerryc9309 wrote

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

Nope. I havent encounter that part yet. But its too late to change anything now, isnt it?

It isn't against their policy, but they may still be looking upon that negatively. You can call them up and ask them if you want to pursue it further. Given your average, this seems to be the only apparent reason.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

It isn't against their policy, but they may still be looking upon that negatively. You can call them up and ask them if you want to pursue it further. Given your average, this seems to be the only apparent reason.

I really want to go UT, and I have asked and email them a couple times. All they are saying is waiting for a decision. Besides, even if the W has negative effect on me. Its too late to change it.
I just want some opinions and insights perhaps from you guyz that what are my chances of getting in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JChan JChan
how do you know you got deferred?
does it say on ouac? the toronto site?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca

@jerryc9309 wrote

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

I really want to go UT, and I have asked and email them a couple times. All they are saying is waiting for a decision. Besides, even if the W has negative effect on me. Its too late to change it.
I just want some opinions and insights perhaps from you guyz that what are my chances of getting in?

may i ask why do you "really want to go to UT?"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@GoBarca wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

@SUMmer123456 wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

may i ask why do you "really want to go to UT?"

It enjoys a good reputation, a degree from ut can get me a job after graduation. sounds fair to u?
And i like toronto, lots opportunities.
I dunno if rotman is realli that good or not. but I just wanna go there
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of waazup waazup
So you have a 91 average, and managed to get 19 in Chem? Looks like you really slacked off here. As everyone said, I agree too, the withdrawn courses may be hurting you! Good luck, the average is definitely competitive!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rubicon66 Rubicon66

@jerryc9309 wrote

Heyyy, I'm from Vancouver too.

I have been deferred by Rotman also, but it does say for "early admission" and since my school is semester, I wasn't able to get all the grades in before April 13.

My guess is that they are going to start accepting guys starting and going through May as, I believe, they need to give everyone an answer before May 31st? Anyone can confirm that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Annabubble2011 Annabubble2011

@Rubicon66 wrote

@jerryc9309 wrote

Heyyy, I'm from Vancouver too.

I have been deferred by Rotman also, but it does say for "early admission" and since my school is semester, I wasn't able to get all the grades in before April 13.

My guess is that they are going to start accepting guys starting and going through May as, I believe, they need to give everyone an answer before May 31st? Anyone can confirm that?

May 30th is the final day for either,

1. an offer of admission;
2. a refusal, or
3. a deferral pending(required additional information)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
the 19% definately hurt you since you actually failed a course and withdrawing a course is just like reapeating a course i believe...It really depends on how many people accepting their offers from rotman this year. If they do not have enough of people taking their offers, then i believe that they'll consider people from their deferred list or else, why would they defer you now instead of later on in may?
This is all based on my perspective.
Was this helpful? Yes 0