yconic - definitely not top teir.. but its where my marks fall
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

definitely not top teir.. but its where my marks fall

A photo of bdish bdish
Hey guys,

Lets be honest, I don't have the greatest marks in the world. I am expecting myself to end with and average in the low to mid- 80's, which won't get me anywhere "top-tier", or at least I think. what do you guys think the next best would be, my choices are

Carleton- Bcomm or int.Business program
McMaster- Bcomm
Laurier- BBA (maybe a long shot)
Brock- BBA co-op

thanks, it would help A LOT, its a very hard decision

bdish22
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of g93 g93
If you are within 3% of Laurier's cutoff (likely 86, although it is mildly possible that it goes up to 87 or so), they will look at your ABS (your ECs and some random written responses) and you may still get an offer. If you can get in, I would recommend Laurier.

Otherwise, you are competitive for all of the others listed.

Most people would probably rank them McMaster, Carleton then Brock. But there's not a huge difference between them (maybe a bigger gap between 2 and 3) so take into consideration cost, social life, residences, atmosphere, etc. of these schools. There's no sense going to McMaster because you think it's slightly better than Carleton and Brock even though you hate the campus (just an example). Visit the campuses, look at the costs, get some more information on the courses offered and the programs, and make a decision.

Also keep in mind that Carleton and I believe Brock have co-op (although Mac does have 1-year internships and stuff).

Hope that helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Laurier accepted a bunch of 84s last year. I'm guessing their cut off is about 82-83
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@sevenx7 wrote
Laurier accepted a bunch of 84s last year. I'm guessing their cut off is about 82-83

No, it was either people not knowing how to calculate their averages or people who got in with the ABS.

The cutoff was published for 2010 as 86, and I'm not sure whether or not it was published yet but it was confirmed that the Laurier cutoff was 86 again last year (despite rumpled of it being higher).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rajp12 rajp12
3 of those programs, you should have the marks to get in, but for laurier im not so sure
Was this helpful? Yes 0