yconic - Dentist or Pharmacy or Optometry or OTHER!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Dentist or Pharmacy or Optometry or OTHER!

A photo of StressOfLife StressOfLife
So i want to go into something in the health area, such as dentistry, pharmacy, or optometry, but i also want to know of other options. Each of those careers has specialized schools made for students to learn, that is kind of what i am looking for. Can anyone list any other careers that also DOES NOT require medical school but maybe another specialized school for a career in something health related. Thank You.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Veterinary medicine, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, medical writing, clinical research associate, audiology, speech-language pathology, genetic counseling, chiropractic, clinical neuropsychology... there are quite a few.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Veterinary medicine, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, medical writing, clinical research associate, audiology, speech-language pathology, genetic counseling, chiropractic, clinical neuropsychology... there are quite a few.

Add in registered dietitian, medical radiation technology, chiropodist, podiatrist, medical laboratory science, respiratory therapy, cardiovascular perfusionist, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Is there an after-degree dietetics program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Is there an after-degree dietetics program?

All registered dietitians are required to complete a year-long internship. Some schools offer it as part of the undergraduate program (ie. UBC, McGill), which increases the length of the program (ie. 5 years instead of 4) but the majority are post-grad/after-degree programs, either as a stand-alone internship, or as part of a Masters degree.
Was this helpful? Yes 0