yconic - Desktops @ Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Desktops @ Waterloo

A photo of Advecticity Advecticity
How many people in Waterloo residences have desktops? Does it look unpractical in your opinion? I'm wondering if I should be bringing mine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I think most people just have a laptop. I don't think many people have JUST desktop, I think more people have desktop + laptop.
Personally, I'm bringing my desktop and buying a new laptop for university, but having just a laptop should be fine too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Uncotran Uncotran
I currently live in rez and quite a few people on my floor have a desktop, even a 32 inch TV... It does take up space but you can configure your room however you like to save space.

Its really just personal preference whether you can do everything on your laptop or you prefer having something on the go and something extra at home.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
Laptops are more popular , but I do know a bunch of people that set up a desktop and used a smaller, lighter laptop or netbook or tablet for class. You'll be there for the next 8 months, so if you're used to having your desktop, then go for it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose

@Advecticity wrote
How many people in Waterloo residences have desktops? Does it look unpractical in your opinion? I'm wondering if I should be bringing mine.

I brought a desktop from out of province. THAT was unpractical. I still kind of regret it, but at least now my computer has a permanent home. If you have someone that can help you move the thing, and you think you'll have enough space, then it'll probably be fine. Otherwise, I'd suggest you reconsider.
Was this helpful? Yes 0