yconic - Did anyone get an Invite from Waterloo Architecture?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Did anyone get an Invite from Waterloo Architecture?

A photo of Beejeong Beejeong
I was just wonderingg, since it's mid-march an all.
And I'm gettin a bit nervous that I won't even get an invitation..

Was this helpful? Yes 0
245 replies

A photo of Shahida Shahida
Look who's talking...
Is that the same person that spazd when I ASKED THE SAME QUESTION??
See? We're all worrying...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 10 10
beejeong,
why are you worrying? you got into yale environmental engineering..

Edit: (you didn't actually)
edit2: but had claimed you did
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

so.. anyone? no one?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Just got my interview offer ! :D April 18 at 11:30 ! I'll be one of the first to go aha. Anyone else??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Roygbiver Roygbiver
Got my offer two hours ago! :D I'm from Montreal, so they didn't give me an interview date. I think I'll schedule one though because the "by mail admission" looks like a lot of tedious/unnecessary work.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

yeeeaaah i got an interview tooo
tuesday april 19 at 3:00pm.
soo glad.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tealight Tealight
Just got mine a few hours ago too! Thursday, April 21st at 4:00pm for me. C:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Anyone have any idea how to be ready for the precis test??
I'm more nervous for that than the interview..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kavvyr93 kavvyr93
received my invitation today!!!!! :) and accepted it as well.
Mine is scheduled for April 19th, at 5, but my precis is 12:30 in the afternoon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dardrid dardrid

@Beejeong wrote
Anyone have any idea how to be ready for the precis test??
I'm more nervous for that than the interview..

Just know what a précis is. There's really no way to prepare for it, unfortunately
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zegirl zegirl
I got an invite yesterday!

Can anyone tell me if it is okay to show them pieces that are reproductions (copies) of my work rather than originals?

And how are you preparing for the precis test?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shahida Shahida
YAYYYY GUYS!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! LOL!

I GOT AN IViteeeeeeeeeeee tooooooo!!!!!!!! april 18, 5:00
YAYYYYYYY
now...to prepare for this interview!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@zegirl wrote

Can anyone tell me if it is okay to show them pieces that are reproductions (copies) of my work rather than originals?

Congratulations!

I believe they prefer originals..
But if the original is 3D and hugee, I would take photos of it. I heard the interview desk isn't very big..

For the precis testm I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to prepare for it.. I remember Donna Woolcott (i believe that was her name) said that the test is based on philosophy, but I read on this forum, http://strobe.uwaterloo.ca/urp/forum2007/read.php?15,4018 and it told me otherwise..

Good luckk
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zegirl zegirl

@Beejeong wrote

@zegirl wrote

Congratulations!

But if the original is 3D and hugee, I would take photos of it. I heard the interview desk isn't very big..

For the precis testm I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to prepare for it.. I remember Donna Woolcott (i believe that was her name) said that the test is based on philosophy, but I read on this forum, http://strobe.uwaterloo.ca/urp/forum2007/read.php?15,4018 and it told me otherwise..

Good luckk

Yes! That's the problem! i have a few originals that are regular (A4) in size. But the bulk of my best work are sculptures, or way too big. I'd look like a fool carrying all that to the interview.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zegirl zegirl
Does anyone know whether the interviews are conducted in groups or is it one-on-one?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@zegirl wrote
Does anyone know whether the interviews are conducted in groups or is it one-on-one?

You're interviewed by a panel with uhh.. four members I believe?

Two senior students (most likely 3rd or 4th year), and two executives?

I'm not entirely sure. I just know it's not one-on-one and there's at least 3 members interviewing you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of guripop guripop

@zegirl wrote

@Beejeong wrote

@zegirl wrote

Congratulations!

Good luckk

Yes! That's the problem! i have a few originals that are regular (A4) in size. But the bulk of my best work are sculptures, or way too big. I'd look like a fool carrying all that to the interview.

Don't feel like a fool, I drove to Cambridge in a van that day with all the seats taken out except the driver's and the passenger's. In the back I had a car full of my work a which is largely 3D. I looked like a fool walking into the interview room, and got lots of weird looks from other applicants, but the panel liked my work and praised me for bringing it in. And all those people who looked at me oddly... well, I don't see them in my class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Urnehpets Urnehpets
So 3D stuff is goood?:D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Are we supposed to call Cambridge and confirm that we will be going to the interview?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Urnehpets wrote
So 3D stuff is goood?:D

Perfect! :)
They love seeing 3D work.

@Beejeong wrote
Are we supposed to call Cambridge and confirm that we will be going to the interview?

I think last year we just RSVPed by replied to the email. In the email that invited you to the interview, it should say how you can RSVP to it. If not, then just call Donna Woolcott (she's the head of admissions, her number and email should be on the architecture.uwaterloo.ca website).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dinosaurbones dinosaurbones
What would be appropriate attire for the interview?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dinosaurbones wrote
What would be appropriate attire for the interview?

I wore dress pants and a nice shirt. Other people came in suits, others were in jeans in a t-shirt.

However, usually people take you more seriously when you're elegantly dressed. So I'd suggest at least a dress shirt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

how's about ..

dress pants, dress shoes, tie, vest, dress shirt.
soo flyyy.

either that or dress pants, dress shoes, and dress shirt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0