yconic - DId I actually apply for co-op?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

DId I actually apply for co-op?

A photo of phylloconcrete phylloconcrete
Hello, I'm a little worried that I'm not going to be considered for the co-op program for Computer science at waterloo. As you can see in the image below:

[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff257/thebetterderek/waterloocs.jpg[/IMG]

On OUAC It shows that I applied for co-op, however, within Quest it has no mention of it. If anyone could get back to me on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: I noticed in OUAC that I selected 'no' option for co-op. Is it too late to change this, and if it is, what are the chances of me being able to get into co-op once at waterloo? Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Shabe Shabe

@phylloconcrete wrote
Hello, I'm a little worried that I'm not going to be considered for the co-op program for Computer science at waterloo. As you can see in the image below:

[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff257/thebetterderek/waterloocs.jpg[/IMG]

On OUAC It shows that I applied for co-op, however, within Quest it has no mention of it. If anyone could get back to me on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: I noticed in OUAC that I selected 'no' option for co-op. Is it too late to change this, and if it is, what are the chances of me being able to get into co-op once at waterloo? Thanks.

You should call them immediately!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
I don't think you applied to coop.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Call Waterloo first thing tomorrow. I'm surprised it took you this long to notice that as there was a recent wave of admissions for compsci.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Tostitos wrote
Call Waterloo first thing tomorrow. I'm surprised it took you this long to notice that as there was a recent wave of admissions for compsci.

Yeah I actually got in about 20 minutes after posting this. I guess it's probably pointless now.

I have a question though, to anyone already at waterloo. If I'm already there, can I apply to join co-op once there for second year or otherwise etc?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of greygoose greygoose
Joining co-op after the fact is very difficult. Most people I know that attempt it give up. If you are very very determined, and bug the co-op people constantly about it, you will probably be able to get in. But they are tricksy and give everyone a different answer, which I have always found strange since at the same time they don't let people *leave* co-op. I think your best chance is to try to get it fixed now, and if you can't, keep trying if it really means something to you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the reply. I actually emailed the admissions office and they passed it on to the committee, who deemed I did qualify for the co-op program :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Stranger Stranger

@phylloconcrete wrote
Thanks for the reply. I actually emailed the admissions office and they passed it on to the committee, who deemed I did qualify for the co-op program :D

Yay, congrats!
Was this helpful? Yes 0