yconic - Did I Mess up my Schulich Chances!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Did I Mess up my Schulich Chances!

A photo of Tantrum Tantrum
I finished my exams and got my grades today and sad to see my grades drop.

Law: 93
Ecomomics: 92
Vocal: 96
Calculus 95

My ECs are really bad. Do I have a chance @ Schulich and Waterloo (AFM-PA) or should I change my program to something with a lower average requirement.

EDIT: I'm worried because the highest 12U English mark at my school is 84%. So when I add my english mark (probably under an 84 since I'm not a genius), it's going to drop my grades.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of KingJW KingJW

@Tantrum wrote

Calculus 95

My ECs are really bad. Do I have a chance @ Schulich and Waterloo (AFM-PA) or should I change my program to something with a lower average requirement.

Really? ... you honestly think that you can't get in with a 94 average? I swear it ticks me off when kids are complaining their marks are too low and they have like 92%+
Common dude. The problem is I think your just saying you have bad EC's but their good enough. Listen its more about how well you BS'ed your EC's then how good they are.
You couldve been dish washer at the school cafeteria, but its how well you can make it seem that you did something way more spectacular without getting too far from the truth.
As long as your felt that your essays were good then you should be confident. And remember that we aren't the people who grant admission, we only speculate so anything anyone or myself says should never influence your personal choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555

@Tantrum wrote

Calculus 95

Not sure if troll
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Tantrum Tantrum

@Jack555 wrote

@Tantrum wrote

Calculus 95

Not sure if troll

My bad. I read this a few hours later and found out I didn't state the major problem. Basically the highest 12U English mark at my school was 84%. So when I add my english mark (probably under an 84 since I'm not a genius), it's going to drop my grades.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
even if you get an 80 in eng your avg is still high enough not to mention that acceptances go on after 2nd sem midterm so even if its below 80 eng u can still boost ur mark
Was this helpful? Yes 0