yconic - Difference between Mac Life sci and nursing
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Difference between Mac Life sci and nursing

A photo of futuredoc futuredoc
Does anyone know anything about how the two programs are similar/different?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
The 2 programs are completely different. Nursing gives you a degree at the end with which you can enter the workforce right away (as a nurse). It's pretty much like engineering/professional school in that it prepares you for one career. Also you will be doing clinicals during undergrad. Life sci gives you a BSc and you're not really guaranteed a job in your field of study.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Okay so if my ultimate goal is Med school, what program do you think would prepare me better (assuming I'm not accepted into health sci)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Hopefully you'll learn how to use Google before you become a doctor.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan
As long as you take prerequistes for med school while taking nursing you can apply to med school and if you dont get into med school first try you have a job and your one step ahead in med school because you know procedures thats the way i see it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

I have read the pages that mac has for both programs, but clearly I'm asking the advice of someone who's actually been at the school first-hand, who probably knows people in many different programs, and that's not the same as just reading what's posted online.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@futuredoc wrote

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

I have read the pages that mac has for both programs, but clearly I'm asking the advice of someone who's actually been at the school first-hand, who probably knows people in many different programs, and that's not the same as just reading what's posted online.

I was referring more to your original question. Finding out the difference between nursing and life science is very easy. Once you figure that out, then I think you should have no problem determining which route is better FOR YOU, remembering that all that is important is that you take the prerequisite courses (and do really well in them, obviously).
Was this helpful? Yes 0