yconic - Difference Between Sciences?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Difference Between Sciences?

A photo of Vsun Vsun
I've been reading up on the programs you can take in universities... and I came across Health Science, Life Science, and Biomedical Science. What are the differences between the three and which would be best if you wanted to be a pharmacist maybe later doctor?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
They're all pretty much the same except life sci is more general and you can major in a wide variety of subjects (eg. bio, chem, physics, psych, biophysics, biochem, genetics, molecular bio etc). Health sci is more focused on just bio and health care, and in particular, human bio. Biomed sci is kind of in between life and health sci.

Waterloo's CAP program would be your best bet if you want to go into pharm since if you get in then you're guaranteed admission to their pharm program so long as you maintain good grades (aka you don't have to apply to pharm separately after undergrad and go through the whole application process).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RedMittenDoc RedMittenDoc

@inthemaking wrote
They're all pretty much the same except life sci is more general and you can major in a wide variety of subjects (eg. bio, chem, physics, psych, biophysics, biochem, genetics, molecular bio etc). Health sci is more focused on just bio and health care, and in particular, human bio. Biomed sci is kind of in between life and health sci.

Waterloo's CAP program would be your best bet if you want to go into pharm since if you get in then you're guaranteed admission to their pharm program so long as you maintain good grades (aka you don't have to apply to pharm separately after undergrad and go through the whole application process).

^This
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Meridian Meridian
Watch out that the term Health Science means different things at different schools. At UWO Health Science is KIN/Nursing/Physio. HealthSci at MAC is more like Bio-med.

Was this helpful? Yes 0