yconic - Different schools program requirements (Mcmaster?)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Different schools program requirements (Mcmaster?)

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey, so I was wondering if the amount of courses you have to take varies from school to school. I was looking at Mcmaster's typical 1st year schedule and it looked like you have to take a ton of courses and it looked really busy. I have a friend who went to Laurentian for Kin and he said he had a lot of spare time. Is Mcmaster a school that requires a lot more or something? Any comments or ideas would be helpful :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of loyolalax9 loyolalax9
For Mac engineering you have to complete 36 units in your first year. (6 courses per term) from what I've heard it's a pretty heavy work load
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Life science students take pretty much all the same courses in first year regardless of the school. 90% of the time this is what a life science student's timetable is going to be composed of: 3hrs/wk of bio lectures + 3hrs/wk of tutorial/lab, 3hrs of chem lectures + 3hrs/wk of tutorial/lab, 3hrs/wk of physics lectures + 3hrs/wk of tutorial/lab, 3 or 4 hours a week of math/calculus lectures, 3 hours a week of psychology lectures. That is all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FiresinX FiresinX

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Life science students take pretty much all the same courses in first year regardless of the school. 90% of the time this is what a life science student's timetable is going to be composed of: 3hrs/wk of bio lectures + 3hrs/wk of tutorial/lab, 3hrs of chem lectures + 3hrs/wk of tutorial/lab, 3hrs/wk of physics lectures + 3hrs/wk of tutorial/lab, 3 or 4 hours a week of math/calculus lectures, 3 hours a week of psychology lectures. That is all.

Took the words right out of my mouth. However, it's 4.5 hours/wk of tutorial/lab at my school
Was this helpful? Yes 0