yconic - Difficulty BMOS vs BBA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Difficulty BMOS vs BBA

A photo of kieonsegg kieonsegg
Can someone tell me which program is harder? I'm guessing laurier? Is it a big difference? (I've never taken calc and I've been told I have to write a calc exam before I enter?)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yes for Laurier you have to take the CPE which is online. It recommends which math you should take
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kieonsegg kieonsegg

@Username81 wrote
Yes for Laurier you have to take the CPE which is online. It recommends which math you should take

What happens if i fail the CPE, do I still retain admission.
And can anybody tell me if I haven taken calc in highschool will I still be okay?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@kieonsegg wrote

@Username81 wrote

What happens if i fail the CPE, do I still retain admission.
And can anybody tell me if I haven taken calc in highschool will I still be okay?

The CPE just recommends which math to take. If you do poorly on it, it will recommend MA129. Unless you do VERY poorly it shouldn't be an issue (I'm talking 5-10% lol).

If you haven't taken calculus that's ok.

MA103 requires calculus as a prerequisite
MA110 I don't think has calculus as a prerquisite (but this is a 1.0 credit over a full year)
MA129 does not require calculus as a pre-req.

Pretty sure the above that I've just listed is from hardest to easiest.
Was this helpful? Yes 0