yconic - discipline choices
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

discipline choices

A photo of maddawg maddawg
Okay so currently Queen's is my top choice to study engineering, with plans to go into the Chemical engineering discipline. I am really undecided between the environmental and the biomedical engineering route and queen's offers options for streams in both under the chemical discipline. My question is, is it better off going to a University that is known better for its biomedical engineering or environmental engineering or would I still be able to get a job in either of those fields and pursue masters a degree by going to Queen's and focusing more on chemical engineering then either stream.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
I personally think it's better to focus on a 'main' discipline with a secondary focus on a 'minor' discipline such as biomed or environmental. You learn so little in your undergrad as it is, I think a more general education leaves your options much more open. I didn't even study biomed and was easily able to do biomed research for a year. You receive all your training on the job or through further education anyways
Was this helpful? Yes 0