yconic - Do Gr. 11 Marks Count? + Retaking Economics CIA4U? + IDC4P v. BOH4M?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Do Gr. 11 Marks Count? + Retaking Economics CIA4U? + IDC4P v. BOH4M?

A photo of Super Super
I have a few questions since grade 12 course selection is right around the corner.

> Is it true that grade 11 marks count towards your university admittence? I'm looking to get into business programs but I've really messed up my math mark this year with a 60 avg. at the moment.

> I've didn't try in my economics CIA4U class and half the year has already gone by! I would like to retake it to get a 90+ average. Would some universities (business programs) only look at the first attempt at a course?

> Which one is better in terms of difficulty and course work: Financial Security (IDC4U) or Business Leadership (BOH4M)?

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Well, I'm not going into business so I wouldn't be able to answer business related stuff.
But I do know that if you want early admission into many universities in the east, they will look at your final grade 11 marks and possibly semester/term 1 marks.. so the higher your final grade 11 marks are, the better.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NumberOne NumberOne

@Super wrote
I have a few questions since grade 12 course selection is right around the corner.

> Is it true that grade 11 marks count towards your university admittence? I'm looking to get into business programs but I've really messed up my math mark this year with a 60 avg. at the moment.

Nope, grade 11 marks have no effect on regular admissions.

@Super wrote
> I've didn't try in my economics CIA4U class and half the year has already gone by! I would like to retake it to get a 90+ average. Would some universities (business programs) only look at the first attempt at a course?

Some will average the two..some will just look at your highest mark..some will dock points off your entire average. You need to check this on a university-to-university basis

@Super wrote

> Which one is better in terms of difficulty and course work: Financial Security (IDC4P) or Business Leadership (BOH4M)?

Thanks.

BOH4M is definitely easier. My Finance exam is tomorrow and there is so much stuff to memorize.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@NumberOne wrote

BOH4M is definitely easier. My Finance exam is tomorrow and there is so much stuff to memorize.

Really? I heard Financial Security was a joke. Is there a lot of memorization throughout the course?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NumberOne NumberOne

@Super wrote

@NumberOne wrote

Really? I heard Financial Security was a joke. Is there a lot of memorization throughout the course?

I guess it might depend on the teacher. I have 30 pages of exam notes and there is a TON of memorization to do.

There are probably 2 people in our class are getting a low 90.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
As for easiness is concerned, BOH might be easy, though I heard it's total sh!t lol. I had it for next semester, yet I dropped it and took Writer's Craft.

For what I've heard, BOH is a total sh!t course to begin with (as I said before), at least at our school, maybe it's just coz of the teacher or the curriculum, but you get the point.

Finance is a pretty cool course. I have it this semester, and I highly recommend it. I totally love it. One thing to understand though is that tests are really really really (let me say that again: really) difficult, so it's not a course to joke with.

BOH and Finance is a no competition really. Finance FTW! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@smarty1 wrote
As for easiness is concerned, BOH might be easy, though I heard it's total sh!t lol. I had it for next semester, yet I dropped it and took Writer's Craft.

For what I've heard, BOH is a total sh!t course to begin with (as I said before), at least at our school, maybe it's just coz of the teacher or the curriculum, but you get the point.

Finance is a pretty cool course. I have it this semester, and I highly recommend it. I totally love it. One thing to understand though is that tests are really really really (let me say that again: really) difficult, so it's not a course to joke with.

BOH and Finance is a no competition really. Finance FTW! :)

This is late, but thanks for the replies guys. I'll be taking two spares next year and also phys'ed so I'll definitely be studying hard with these courses. The course is one thing, but the content and test/exams are totally different... as I've learned this year in Econ. =/
Was this helpful? Yes 0