yconic - Do I have a chance @ UBC Science?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Do I have a chance @ UBC Science?

A photo of Comicfire Comicfire
Going to submit my term 1 marks with my 4 best subjects:
Biology: 94%
Math: 91%
History: 98%
English: 86%

All my other marks(electives) are ranging between 84-90%.
I have a solid record of volunteer hours + experience.

If I maintain these marks throughout the year, will I have a chance for entrance?
I am from B.C as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of OnionMage OnionMage
Duh. But yeah...if you maintain those marks in term 2, I'm sure you'll make it. BTW, I'm pretty sure UBC ONLY looks at term 2 marks...I don't think you can send your term 1 marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FuckingAllstar FuckingAllstar

@Comicfire wrote
Going to submit my term 1 marks with my 4 best subjects:
Biology: 94%
Math: 91%
History: 98%
English: 86%

All my other marks(electives) are ranging between 84-90%.
I have a solid record of volunteer hours + experience.

If I maintain these marks throughout the year, will I have a chance for entrance?
I am from B.C as well.

Sorry due, but UBC doesn't care about your term 1 marks you could pretty much bomb it for all they care. I'm in the same boat as you, but even worse, I got a 97 admission average in term 1 so I'm pretty pissed. Just make sure you don't slip in term 2.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh
By term 1 and term 2 i think you guys mean the midterm mark and final mark for the fall-winter semester right?

And if UBC does not look at term 1 marks, would this mean that they don't do early acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OnionMage OnionMage

@willeh wrote
By term 1 and term 2 i think you guys mean the midterm mark and final mark for the fall-winter semester right?

And if UBC does not look at term 1 marks, would this mean that they don't do early acceptance?

UBC doesn't do early acceptances. :/ Also, I know that in a linear school system...you would self-report your term 2 marks for UBC. I'm not sure how it works in a semester school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0