yconic - Do I have a chance at engineering science and does this affect my admission?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Do I have a chance at engineering science and does this affect my admission?

A photo of abdullah111 abdullah111
My marks for grade 12 so far are as follows:
English:80
Chemistry:74
Physics:99
Advanced Functions: 97
Philosophy: 64
Calculus: Currently doing (98 expected)
Computer Science: Currently doing (97 expected)
Data Management: Currently Doing: (99 expected)

Umm.. I was wondering if the philosophy or chemistry mark will jeopardize my chances
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ninetyfour ninetyfour
I think Chemistry might hurt your chances since it's a prerequisite, but Philosophy won't if it's not in your Top 6 (which it won't be because of Data Management or Computer Science). Your average with your expected grades is around 91-92 which is about where the cut off was last year I think, so I'm not sure of your chances. I would say you have a good chance, but Chemistry might hurt you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jellybro jellybro
damn dude 99 physics? Either your school is really easy or you're super smart lol... Either way, congratulations on the mark.

Anyways, I'm looking at your english and chem mark and I'm thinking that will be hurt you the most. Make sure you get the best possible in math since they look at those pretty closely. I think you still have a chance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
If you get 100 in calculus + another course, your average is 92 which isn't safe for EngSci. That being said, if your SPF is really good you still have an ok chance at EngSci. If not EngSci, you'll definitely get into your second choice for sure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS
Remember that for engineering at U of T, your average is calculated with your top 5 marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@LindaS wrote
Remember that for engineering at U of T, your average is calculated with your top 5 marks.

That's only for some (maybe all?) provinces outside of Ontario.
Was this helpful? Yes 0