yconic - Do I have a chance?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Do I have a chance?

A photo of lexieleigh lexieleigh
I'll try to explain this the best way I can:

-I'm the only one who can pick up my four year old nephew from his baby-sitter's next year
-After I pick him up, I have to drop him off at my brother's so I can go to work
-I pick my nephew up at 2:45 and I have work at 3:15
-I transferred from my home school to the school I'm at now, an alternative school. While my school now is great at flexible scheduling, it doesn't have the courses I need for uni next year
-My home school ends too late for me to be able to pick up my nephew
-The school I want to attend is too far for me as in I don't live within their boundaries.

Do I have a good case for attending as an "out-of-bounds" student?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
yes...given if the school isn't overpopulated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Is 1100 students over-populated?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Impossible to say without knowing the capacity of the school. My school could accommodate 2000 people, so 1100 is not overpopulated. If it could only accommodate 1000, then yes it would be overpopulated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I just did some basic Googling of the school I want to attend and from what I gather, my school board may have talks to decide what to do since the school's capacity is under 60% or close to it. Does that bode well for me?
Was this helpful? Yes 0