yconic - Do universities care how I rank them on ouac?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Do universities care how I rank them on ouac?

A photo of JoeSmith JoeSmith
what if my ranking plays a role in deciding whether or not they will accept me
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
Not unless you've applied to two programs at the same universities in which case they'll look to offer admission to your highest ranked choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
No
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of izumiisa izumiisa
If you apply to Landscape architecture at Guelph, they won't look at your application unless you've ranked it first. Other than that, it doesn't really matter.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
U of T certainly does. A low ranking will result in a late offer (or no offer at all in the case of Rotman).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass

@Despondent wrote
U of T certainly does. A low ranking will result in a late offer (or no offer at all in the case of Rotman).

I don't agree with the no offer, if 4th is considered low then I don't know

Rotman was my fourth choice and i was accepted in the last wave of may offers.

Waterloo I don't know why I got rejected, maybe it was cause I ranked it number 3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@zaidpass wrote

@Despondent wrote

I don't agree with the no offer, if 4th is considered low then I don't know

Rotman was my fourth choice and i was accepted in the last wave of may offers.

Waterloo I don't know why I got rejected, maybe it was cause I ranked it number 3

Or one of your grades did not make it. If interested, call and ask.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zaidpass zaidpass
I did call, they checked my stuff and said I was really competitive. After checking everything he didn't know what was wrong so he said I didn't meet the requirements. I was like yah I did but he is like nope you were below it. I know people who got into chemical Engineering with an 87 and an AIF can give you a 5% mark boost so if was really inovlved he would get a 92%. I was involved in two varsity sports both captain of football and rugby team, so I should deserve atleast 1% boost. Totalling, I would have a higher percentage. But he said I didn't meet the requirements. I guess my AIF was weak, but I didn't think so.

This is off topic anyways so yah, I dont really care because Eng Sci was my first choice
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@zaidpass wrote
I did call, they checked my stuff and said I was really competitive. After checking everything he didn't know what was wrong so he said I didn't meet the requirements. I was like yah I did but he is like nope you were below it. I know people who got into chemical Engineering with an 87 and an AIF can give you a 5% mark boost so if was really inovlved he would get a 92%. I was involved in two varsity sports both captain of football and rugby team, so I should deserve atleast 1% boost. Totalling, I would have a higher percentage. But he said I didn't meet the requirements. I guess my AIF was weak, but I didn't think so.

This is off topic anyways so yah, I dont really care because Eng Sci was my first choice

Waterloo has an adjustment rating depending on what high school you went to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@zaidpass wrote

December 25th post...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Despondent wrote

@g93 wrote

@zaidpass wrote

December 25th post...

zaidpass was may 21
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@Despondent wrote

@g93 wrote

@zaidpass wrote

December 25th post...

zaidpass was may 21

Yes...
Was this helpful? Yes 0