yconic - Do Universities look at volunteering specs?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Do Universities look at volunteering specs?

A photo of VMclarenMercedes VMclarenMercedes
Getting my volunteer hours done and was wondering if it's worth it to go beyond the 40 hour requirement and go to 100 hours of community service work for high school. Do Universities look at the number of hours you have done and where you have done them?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Some programs do. You're applying to commerce programs, and I believe all of the programs listed in your signature require supplementary applications, where you list things like community service and other extracurriculars.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

When students submit their application, is the essay the only place they list their EC's?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
It depends on the particular application. Sometimes you only have an essay, sometimes they ask for a resume or list
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the input :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
All of the programs you're applying to will require a supp app (in fact you will have to submit 2 supp apps for Queen's) except for Laurier. My sister is applying to the exact same 4 programs (but not iBBA for Schulich), so I've helped her go through some of her supp apps already. Schulich requires an activity report of the last 2 years where you will have to document the type and # of hours of volunteering experience. The Queen's PSE will also require the same thing. Haven't seen the Rotman yet but I think the SAF asks for a list of ECs too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0