yconic - Does anyone like classical music?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Does anyone like classical music?

A photo of Rourachnitchai Rourachnitchai
I'm afraid that several centuries worth of Western musical culture are largely ignored in our society, and thus I pose the aforementioned questioned.

I am obsessed with romantic-era classical music. For example, I hold Rachmaninoff, Chopin and Tchaikovsky in high regard. I actually have a bit of a Russian-composer fetish too, but that's another story.

I'm looking forward to living in Toronto this September. The TSO + other venues offer great classical music.

So, does anyone else share my interest?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
29 replies

A photo of HeroOfCanton HeroOfCanton
I'm a fan of classical, but to be honest, I'm still a beginner when it comes to it. So, you know, Bach, Vivaldi, Dvorak. Some contemporary composers, too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
I'm a fan of neoclassical Icelandic music.

I'm not trolling. Olafur Arnalds is one of my favourite musicians.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aaltak aaltak
I love classical music from all over the world, i feel it opens a window for us into these different worlds.
I especially like Erik Satie's work =D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Rourachnitchai wrote
I actually have a bit of a Russian-composer fetish too, but that's another story.

You, Me, and the Rach 3. Hot. :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rourachnitchai Rourachnitchai

@Alizarin wrote

@Rourachnitchai wrote
I actually have a bit of a Russian-composer fetish too, but that's another story.

You, Me, and the Rach 3. Hot. :bounce:

I love his second and third piano concertos!! I can't, in general, get over Rachmaninoff. He was such a sensitive and wonderful man. His music possesses such an overwhelming melancholy. He was a romantic trapped in the modern age. Ahh, he's just wonderful. :cheers:

@aaltak wrote
I love classical music from all over the world, i feel it opens a window for us into these different worlds.
I especially like Erik Satie's work =D

Erik Satie's Gymnopedié and Gnossienne pieces are perfect rainy day music, along with Debussy and Ravel. I love 'em impressionistic French composers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I am not a fan of classical music. I find as ambient music it is nice but I would not have it on my music player.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
Search up Uzeir Hacibeyov in youtube. He is amazing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@prmly wrote
I'm a fan of neoclassical Icelandic music.

I'm not trolling. Olafur Arnalds is one of my favourite musicians.

Olafur Arnalds is good. So is mum. But Sigur Ros is the greatest.

I like classical; my favorite composers would be Beethoven and Chopin (I actually have a bust of him in my room). :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@Zion wrote
But Sigur Ros is the greatest.

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jensaur jensaur
My favourite composers are Bach, Beethoven (piano sonatas!!), Chopin, and Debussy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
You get into classical music no matter what if you're really into music.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ChrisSloan ChrisSloan
Personally I don't like it that much but I respect the skill and talent it took to create it. I happen to prefer metal.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Only at night.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of deathangel deathangel
Listening to Vivaldi right now,lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Liszt, Rach, Chopin, Bach, Beethoven... and pretty much everything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Urnehpets Urnehpets
You guys should listen to Ludovico Einaudi.

He's contemporary.

He's amazing :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of norcorider norcorider
I love classical music. I love Fur Elise by Beethoven, and several other Beethoven pieces. I also really like the 4 seasons by Vivaldi. I've played the piano for 11 years, so have learned a lot of classical music in that time. Anyone one else like playing the piano?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of llll93 llll93
I'm not exactly knowledgeable about classical music, but I've been taking piano lessons for 10 years so I enjoy some piano compositions. I really like Chopin, Schubert, Liszt, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

classical music is real music, so yes, i def. like classical music
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I enjoy classical music by all composers. Anything relaxing is really nice.. it's what puts me to sleep at night.. just listen to it with your ipod for a couple of minutes and you will be out like a light!
I am in Grade 10 piano so really any kind of music is amazing to me!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Only to set the mood, if you know what I mean
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of theboydetective theboydetective
Your Russian composer fetish is a different story? Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky are both Russian. :P Unless I'm misunderstanding what you meant...
Many of my favourite composers are Eastern European, too, though; I love Prokofiev, Stravinsky, Bartok (though I guess he's closer to Central Europe), Penderecki.
I'm in Grade 8 piano, going for my practical and harmony exams in three and two months, respectively.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@TheMetroidPhysicist wrote
classical music is real music, so yes, i def. like classical music

Real music?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken

@Zion wrote
Chopin (I actually have a bust of him in my room). :bball:

I missed this before. so much win.

also, to the OP: sign up for tsoundcheck. TSO student tickets for (unless they increase it again) $14.

some people I know just saw the Vienna Phil but I didn't find out about it til there were no tickets left. so jelly. but it was like $30 so I might not have gone anyway.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Blargg Blargg
I love classical. I'm glad I'm not the only one. My favourite composers are Maurice Ravel, Igor Stravinsky, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, to list a few. I hope I get to attend a symphony one day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0