yconic - Does anyone think that BMOS is a good program without getting into IVEY?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Does anyone think that BMOS is a good program without getting into IVEY?

A photo of LLUS LLUS
Is it better than McMater's Bcomm because for the degree, Western is BMOS which is a really wierd one but McMaster is just Bcomm. Do you think that the BMOS can get a job in banking easier than Bcomm? Which one does companies prefer?Which one has better teaching quality?

Thank you
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Bmos sucks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Youre inbox is full so I can`t respond to your PM.

You`ve already posted a couple threads asking the same question. My response would be the same as the other ones.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@LLUS wrote
Is it better than McMater's Bcomm because for the degree, Western is BMOS which is a really wierd one but McMaster is just Bcomm. Do you think that the BMOS can get a job in banking easier than Bcomm? Which one does companies prefer?Which one has better teaching quality?

Thank you

McMaster.

IMO, when an employer sees Western for business they expect Ivey. When they see BMOS...it's quite obvious you didn't make it (I mean who would turn it down for BMOS right?). If you go to McMaster there are unknown variables in your reasoning (Was it cheaper? Perhaps he lived at home etc.)

That's my reasoning although that's pretty biased lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of BusterBaxter BusterBaxter

@Username81 wrote

@LLUS wrote

Thank you

McMaster.

IMO, when an employer sees Western for business they expect Ivey. When they see BMOS...it's quite obvious you didn't make it (I mean who would turn it down for BMOS right?). If you go to McMaster there are unknown variables in your reasoning (Was it cheaper? Perhaps he lived at home etc.)

That's my reasoning although that's pretty biased lol.

This is not sound reasoning at all, but at least you admitted it was biased.

I know many students who are much more comfortable with BMOS than Ivey. Employers realize not every student wants to lay down $50K, a chunk of which may be financed by their parents. There are certain sectors in business where Ivey would give students an advantage, such as finance.. But if one wanted to pursue say, accounting, it's probably a smarter idea to stick with BMOS and save your money.

To the OP, go to the school you feel most comfortable at.. Whether you went to McMaster or Western will not be the reason why an employer will or will not hire you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0