yconic - Does everyone have a 90 average?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Does everyone have a 90 average?

A photo of apex123 apex123
Holy crap. It seems like everyone in this forum has a 90 average and some people still got rejected from universities.

Am I screwed if I don't get a 90 average? I want to go to UW/Mac or U of T for computer science...

Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You should be fine if you have 80+ (85 probably best)

90 avg only for applicants applying for life science, business:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of willeh willeh

@Oxidize wrote
You should be fine if you have 80+ (85 probably best)

90 avg only for applicants applying for life science, business:P

*Sigh* So many people want to become doctors these days. Why do I have to compete with them when I want to be a researcher? :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mleika Mleika
You are not screwed if you don't have a 90 avg! Don't you worry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725
Most people on this forum are keeners. You should be fine for any of those schools with a mid to high 80s average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AshleyMMacNicol AshleyMMacNicol
Try not to worry too much :) If you just try hard you'll have no problem and you don't have to be 90 or above to be accepted. It all depends on the courses and the institutions that you would like to get into. I am sure you will do fine :) As long as you're above 80 you should have no issues with acceptance into an institute.
Best of wishes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of feu feu
Not everyone has a 90 average out there. People who get get high marks are proud of (maybe even want to show off) their grades so they are more likely to post them online. People whose marks aren't as high might feel inferior when seeing higher grades and are less likely to post their grades online.

I think you'll be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hannena hannena
No worries, I don't have a 90% average either! Haven't been able to cut it yet but like cherrypie said, the board is full of keeners! Which is fine, especially when you're looking for scholarship advice, etc.

You'll have no issues (usually) getting into university with an average above 85% just if you're going for more prestigious schools you definitely will not get in early, which is completely fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Xizeta Xizeta
The very nature of these forums is bound to attract a lot diligent individuals.

You cannot compartmentalize somebody as a keener or intelligent by grade. There are plenty of people who can – memorize and regurgitate – their way to a good grade. When you see the number of poorly constructed posts on these forums, both in English and in notion, there really is little evidence to support some of these claims.

Besides – the resurgence of drooling oafs that make it into university these days is staggering.

Do not fret, you are doing fine. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

No, I had a 94 average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of westerngirl18 westerngirl18
You should check out the entrance grades for your program on the uni's website! If you have high 80's I'm sure you'll be fine. Also remember to have a really good application and you should get it if you have all the prerequisites !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Creativeindividual Creativeindividual

@ARMY101 wrote
No, I had a 94 average.

wow thats amazing:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Every program varies and there are many scholarships that don't focus on grade alone. As long as you try your best, everything should be alright :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0