yconic - Does Gr12 Advanced Functions U Open Enough Doors To Be Worth It?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Does Gr12 Advanced Functions U Open Enough Doors To Be Worth It?

A photo of Kevin4 Kevin4
...Or should I take the U Math of Data Management in gr12

Hello, I am planning on a some legitimate University options that I divide into two groups.

The first group includes Kinesiology and Health Science BSc degree at York University, Bachelor of Health Science at University of Western Ontario, BSc in Kinesiology at York University, and some other similar ones. These programs are BSc degrees that DO NOT require Advanced Functions and only require any University math that can include Math of Data Management (The lower level University one).

The second group are similar BSc degrees at different Universities that require Advanced Functions.

Basically if I take Advanced Functions it opens up a few more doors but are these doors worth it to take the higher math? I'm worried because math is one of my worst subjects (high 60's-low 70's)and I don't want to risk lowering my average out of Honours Roll and knock out my chances of entering any University.

Thank you so much! :)

Oh and if by chance you have taken any of these programs any tips would be helpful (heavy math?)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Data is a more practical math but Advanced Functions has far more actual theoretical mathemtatic concepts
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
Nothing in high school is 'heavy math', but I found Advance Functions to be the heavier of the two.
Was this helpful? Yes 0