yconic - Does it Make Sense
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Does it Make Sense

A photo of ToiTeam ToiTeam
I have been admitted to Queens and Richard Ivey, as suggested by my signature below. I am planning to go to Queens for undergraduate and Ivey for MBA as it is not good to do MBA and undergrad from the same university.

Do you agree with that?

Another reason im choosing Ivey or Queens is the financial aid im getting for queens in larger than Ivey's... and i am not comfortable with 2+2 program at Western.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Disagree.

You can go to the University of Pennsylvania for business at an undergraduate and graduate level. Still a top-notch school and their graduates shouldn't have too much difficulty finding a job lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
why would you plan to do an MBA at 18 years old.... ESPECIALLY when you're going to a target undergraduate business program :\
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BusterBaxter BusterBaxter

@immaculatedx wrote
why would you plan to do an MBA at 18 years old.... ESPECIALLY when you're going to a target undergraduate business program :\

+1

Don't plan that far ahead, because the truth is, you will realize university really isn't what you thought it would be, it may be harder, it may be easier, it may be more interesting, it may be less interesting, but it sure isn't going to be everything you expect it to be, and you can't plan that far ahead at only age 18.

There are other things in life than education, and those other things can often take precedence after you've already finished 4 years of university.

Go to the school where you feel you fit in the most. Don't worry about MBA programs.. you probably don't even know what courses your are going to take for the next four years.

But if you're set on MBA, then please realize it is definitely NOT a bad idea to go to the same school for your MBA as you did for your undergrad. It's even very helpful in the case of Ivey since HBA grads are allowed to enroll in Ivey's Accelerated MBA program which allows you to earn your MBA in 8 months time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0