yconic - Does it matter?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Does it matter?

A photo of Nitrous Nitrous
I have all low-mid 80's in my classes. BUT I have a 60 in advanced functions? It is not a pre requisite BUT it is recommended for a few universities. For example Queens Arts or Mcmaster Social Sciences for Economics. Do they look at it if it's not in my top 6?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork
My guess is that they won't really look at it, for example I called the Rotman Admin. last week to ask about my AF mark being low, they said if it's not included in your top 6 then it doesnt matter.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dagg dagg
They will look at it if its used as a prereq. for example if the prereqs for math are data cal or AF and you only took AF and cal, they will count that mark
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nitrous Nitrous
So if it's not in my top six and not a requisite? Is it looked at?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lalalogi lalalogi
Even if it is "recommended", all you have to do is just not submit the mark. Usually, in supplementary applications, universities give YOU the choice to choose your top 6 marks (excluding prerequisites). They might prefer you to put in adv. functions ahead of family studies (of course), but not doing so won't hinder your chances at all, because you're going by the criteria. Don't stress about it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0