yconic - Does McGill consider all of your marks in their admission decision?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Does McGill consider all of your marks in their admission decision?

A photo of feu feu
Hi, I'm interested in applying to McGill's science programs. When I was looking up the admissions standards for previous years on their website, it said:

"Ontario high school applications are reviewed based on McGill’s own calculation of the "top six" pre-university (4U and 4M) course average. A minimum of six 4U and 4M courses are required for admission; at least four of these required courses, as well as all prerequisite courses, must be taken at the 4U level."
http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/standards/ontario/

So do they only look at your prerequisite courses and your top 6 average? I mean if the prerequisites are ENG4U, MCV4U, and two 4U science courses, does that mean that they don't consider your mark for something like MHF4U (Advanced Functions) when they consider you for admission if it's not in your top 6 average?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki

prerequisites are ENG4U, MCV4U, and two 4U science courses,

Then all Mcgill cares are ENG4U, MCV4U, two 4U science courses and the next two highest 4U/4M marks.
If a course is not a prerequisite and its not part of your top 6, then Mcgill does not consider it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of feu feu
Oh really? Awesome, thanks =]
Was this helpful? Yes 0