yconic - Does only mid term matter or also final marks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Does only mid term matter or also final marks?

A photo of StrawberrySplashx0x3 StrawberrySplashx0x3
so i was wondering if i am going to get rejected before i get my final marks?
i applied for management at UTM, and i know my mid term marks wont make the cut, so i really wanna know if they wait for my final marks or do they just look at mid term?
thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Remember that your acceptances are conditional. They can easily be revoked.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StrawberrySplashx0x3 StrawberrySplashx0x3
..i didnt get accepted for that program, im just wondering if they wait for final marks to make a decision or do they make decision (reject or accpet ) based on mid terms
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
Usually it is based on 1st semester finals and 2nd semester midterms. But, you might get accepted if spaces clear in June..but thats playing with fire, since the last day to accept an offer on OUAC is June 2nd. Try calling the university and telling them you are upgrading over the summer or something, maybe they will understand.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nadia93 nadia93
i'm worrying about the exact same thing because i'm improving my marks now but my midterm marks weren't all that great.. i wish they could see my final marks but i'm not sure if they will since the last day to hear from a university is may 30th and my final exams don't start until mid june.. it's confusing and worrisome :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@nadia93 wrote
i'm worrying about the exact same thing because i'm improving my marks now but my midterm marks weren't all that great.. i wish they could see my final marks but i'm not sure if they will since the last day to hear from a university is may 30th and my final exams don't start until mid june.. it's confusing and worrisome :(

When you get accepted in May they will tell you an average that you have to keep your place in the program. They do receive final marks, and if your average is lower than what they say it looks like your not going to school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bdiaram bdiaram
second semester midterm marks will pretty much make or break your chances,unfortunately.
In may they will consider top 6 (final first semester/midterm second)grades together.
some universities will allow you to ask to be considered on final marks though.

stressful stuff:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
The last round of acceptances is pretty much based on your 2nd semester mid-term marks
Was this helpful? Yes 1