yconic - Does OSAP look at your GPA?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Does OSAP look at your GPA?

A photo of IreneMa IreneMa
I just got my new estimate for the 2011-2012 school year and the amount I got in grants was ridiculously high (so much that it pretty much covers 90% of my tuition). I will be starting my second year this fall.

I just want to know, does OSAP take into consideration of your GPA when giving out grants? I know you can be put on OSAP probation if your GPA is too low, but does it go the other way as well?

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of dbdudgh dbdudgh
90% of just your tuition?
I really don't think they give you more money because you have a higher GPA, and I've heard that it covers up to 60% of your total fees:including living expenses, books, etc.(not sure about that), so you'll still have to come up with the money for your 10% of tuition and other expenses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@IreneMa wrote
I just got my new estimate for the 2011-2012 school year and the amount I got in grants was ridiculously high (so much that it pretty much covers 90% of my tuition). I will be starting my second year this fall.

I just want to know, does OSAP take into consideration of your GPA when giving out grants? I know you can be put on OSAP probation if your GPA is too low, but does it go the other way as well?

No, they don't look at your GPA.

My estimate was really high too..$11,500 for engineering at Waterloo, that'll cover all of my tuition plus a bit more.
Was this helpful? Yes 0