yconic - doing CA with a BSc.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

doing CA with a BSc.

A photo of peterv peterv
Is it true that employers prefer CAs who have BBA/BComm. degree versus BSc./BA? I'm not so sure at this point if I want to do a CA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I don't think it is possible to get your CA with a BSc, unless you do a DD (or you could take courses at other schools and in summer and take forever and maybe just maybe get them all but that would be insane).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of peterv peterv

@johnnycanuck wrote
I don't think it is possible to get your CA with a BSc, unless you do a DD (or you could take courses at other schools and in summer and take forever and maybe just maybe get them all but that would be insane).

what if you take electives?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@peterv wrote

@johnnycanuck wrote

what if you take electives?

There is 51 credit-hours required to beome a CA. You're not going to come close on electives alone. If you took extra electives and summer classes and went and took courses at other schools and some through distance education/learning or w e, you could probably do it. If you really want a BSc and a CA, then the Waterloo/Laurier BBA/BSc is the best option, and the really only sane option.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Junction Junction

@peterv wrote
Is it true that employers prefer CAs who have BBA/BComm. degree versus BSc./BA? I'm not so sure at this point if I want to do a CA.

Absolutely not true. I'm working at a Big4 for my Co-op term, and the firms hire a diverse group of students.

If you want to get a BSc. with your CA, I reccomend doing the Biotechnology/CA program at the University of Waterloo.

I also know another route where people get their science degrees for their undergrad, and then pursue the MMPA (from university of Toronto) to get their 51 credit hours to qualify as a CA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AZK AZK
Maybe a double degree with UWO science and Ivey HBA? It will take 5 1/2 years though. 1 Year for double degree, and half year to fulfill CA requirements.
Was this helpful? Yes 0