yconic - Don't be Fooled!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Don't be Fooled!

A photo of Nitrous Nitrous
A lot of universities require you to TAKE certain courses in high school, but they don't specify if those marks need to be included in the TOP 6

Could someone inform me regarding this topic on universities such as Queens, Mac, UoFT (St. George, Mississauga) Western and Laurier! Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of rightsaidfred rightsaidfred
I asked my guidance counsellor this.
She said that if it's a required credit, then they calculate it as part of your top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mxfire mxfire

@rightsaidfred wrote
I asked my guidance counsellor this.
She said that if it's a required credit, then they calculate it as part of your top 6.

This is correct.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
99% of the time the above information is correct.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aastudent aastudent
i am wondering about this as well, because on the Ouac site, for example Laurier; it says "NOTE: Required Courses used in admission average." and others like Mac or Brock do not say say that, does anyone know or have any ideas of specifics of which ones do and dont? any help would be greatly appreciated
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sllencer sllencer
If a school has listed certain courses as REQUIRED then it is guaranteed those marks will be included in your top 6.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of QueensCommerceTyler QueensCommerceTyler
Queen's Commerce Requirements (Ontario only):

You must take 4U Calculus, another 4U Math, and a 4U English. These will all be a part of your top six. Also, your top six cannot contain more than two M courses.

Hope that helps. I'm not sure about out of province requirements, but if a course is required it will generally be counted in your top six.
Was this helpful? Yes 0