yconic - Dorm vs. Apt Style at Laurier
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Dorm vs. Apt Style at Laurier

A photo of cloevia cloevia
Hey guys!

So I have decided to go to Laurier for BBA, I get my choice of residence style but I really do not know what to pick.
I am torn between a Single dorm style room or apartment style.
I know there are a lot of pros and cons for both, hence why I am so confused! If I could hear some opinions it would really help me out! I just want to have the best residence experience I can!

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Smothy88 Smothy88
Just finished my first year BBA at Laurier and I can honestly say it was the best year of my life and wish I could relive it again.

As for dorm vs. apartment, I had a dorm and really liked it. I had a single room and shared a bathroom with only one other guy which was pretty nice. I feel living in a dorm also introduced me to a lot of different people and if you like to socialize or would like to meet new people definitely go with a dorm. The one thing I didn't like about dorms is the fact that you have to buy a meal plan and the food at Laurier sucks.

All in all, living in a dorm is one experience I will treasure for the rest of my life. If you do choose a dorm, socialize early and get a good core group of friends.
Was this helpful? Yes 0