yconic - Drastic mark drop! PLEASE HELP!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Drastic mark drop! PLEASE HELP!

A photo of crazyfrog007 crazyfrog007
My average last semester was 85.8%
I have gotten into all of the programs I applied for but what I am really waiting for is Western and Mac.
But this semester, I have all the hard courses and I have been slacking hard. This drastically dropped my marks.
Got a mark update today and so far here is how my marks are - 72, 75, 85(mixed course, not pre req.), 72

The highest avg i need to keep up as requested is 78% by Waterloo. I know i can bring my marks up by the end of the semester but for midterm, there is no chance i can bring em up to the high 70s atleast. Do I have any hope for western? (need mid 80s avg)
And im in emotional break down right now. I need some help. Im really worried about my future I regret my recent past.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Jsonga Jsonga
There are like two other active threads that ask the same thing (with respect to Western/Mac).

To answer your question, Western BMSc cutoff last year was 85.5% and you're borderline strictly based off your first semester marks. If you drop even a little you may not meet the cutoff. You will probably be accepted to Health Sci though.

With respect to Mac you probably won't make the cutoff as it was ~88% last year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0