yconic - Dream Car
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Dream Car

A photo of mercenary mercenary
What Is your dream car? Mine is the Alpha Romeo 8c
Was this helpful? Yes 0
58 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I have so many dream cars. I will decide after I have test-driven. Listed below (in no particular order)

Land Rover Range Rover

Aston Martin DB9

Bentley Continental GT

Bugatti Veyron

Ford SVT Raptor

Plymouth Hemi Cuda

Dodge Super Bee

AMC Javelin

1967 Chevrolet Camaro

Deussenberg J

They never went to production, but the Italdesign Schigera

Lambourghini LM002

One of the original Land Rovers

Ferrari 599 GTB Fiarano

Forgot one: HTT Plethore LC 750
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thecookiemonster thecookiemonster
Audi R8 http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/05/audi_r8_hr_32_450-op.jpg
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of axiom2true axiom2true

@thecookiemonster wrote
Audi R8 http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/05/audi_r8_hr_32_450-op.jpg

I second that. Audi R8. Decent price too :tongue:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of link link
Lamborghini Gallardo.
http://i51.tinypic.com/24o4thv.jpg

I've promised myself i'll buy it within 7 years, graduate from university in 5 and 2 years to get a good job and save up some money.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@link wrote
Lamborghini Gallardo.

I've promised myself i'll buy it within 7 years, graduate from university in 5 and 2 years to get a good job and save up some money.

Somehow I don't see that promise being kept... unless you win the lottery.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Gallardo for me too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EastSideBoyz EastSideBoyz
red aston martin
NUFF SAIDD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AsianFail93 AsianFail93
Nissan GT-R (assuming it doesn't become crazy popular like porsche in markham)

Nothing super fancy for me
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Whatever I end up buying in a few months, which is anything 2 years old at about $25,000.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Arctic Arctic
2005 Subaru Forester XT. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:03-05_Subaru_Forester_XT.jpg)

It goes really fast, it goes offroad, it can move you into university, it's got more ground clearance than some mid-size SUVs, IIHS top safety pick and with Subaru's all-wheel-drive will take you through the snow.... what's there not to like about a wagon that can do everything?

(Also, what's so great about a status symbol wrapped around a pole anyway?)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of link link

@g93 wrote

@link wrote
Lamborghini Gallardo.

Challenge accepted ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@link wrote

@g93 wrote

@link wrote
Lamborghini Gallardo.

Challenge accepted ;)

I also do not think that will be feasible. Aren't Gallardo's like $225 000? Assuming you get $50-60 grand a year at your job after uni, especially with living costs, you won't have enough?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Yatesb wrote
I also do not think that will be feasible. Aren't Gallardo's like $225 000? Assuming you get $50-60 grand a year at your job after uni, especially with living costs, you won't have enough?

He probably thinks that 30 grand down will be enough to qualify for financing. Boy, is he in for a shock.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

@Yatesb wrote

He probably thinks that 30 grand down will be enough to qualify for financing. Boy, is he in for a shock.

I would rather use the eventual ~$225000 for a house or something. Cars aren't reliable enough with all the repairs. Or for vacation use. Having that expensive of a car, I would be afraid to use it...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you take good care of it (as I'm sure most Gallardo owners do), it will last for a long time and its value won't depreciate like most vehicles' do. If you have a family income of 200k/year, I'm sure you could own a car like that by buying 225k less of a house. It wouldn't be a financially sound investment, but it would definitely be possible and feasible. Personally, I'd much rather spend the money on travel. Lots and lots of travel.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hard07 hard07
Toyota Corolla ahaahhhhhhahaha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of link link

@Yatesb wrote

I've actually thought about that and did some research, including talking to my dad. After school, most graduates get their own place and start to live more independantly, however i (nor my parents) have an issue of me staying with them. Furthermore, my dad has agreed to chip in on the price so that should make it easier to afford one. He drives around an rx350 so it's not like he's middle class or anything. I understand my situation is bit of an outlier, but nonetheless, it is possible for people to get a sports car before hitting 30.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@link wrote

@Yatesb wrote

I've actually thought about that and did some research, including talking to my dad. After school, most graduates get their own place and start to live more independantly, however i (nor my parents) have an issue of me staying with them. Furthermore, my dad has agreed to chip in on the price so that should make it easier to afford one. He drives around an rx350 so it's not like he's middle class or anything. I understand my situation is bit of an outlier, but nonetheless, it is possible for people to get a sports car before hitting 30.

So you are going to be living with your parents and having them pay for part of the Lambourghini? That's not quite the same.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yatesb Yatesb

@g93 wrote

@link wrote

@Yatesb wrote

So you are going to be living with your parents and having them pay for part of the Lambourghini? That's not quite the same.

And once you finally get your Lamborghini are you going to continue to live with your parents? Kind of lame to be able to own an expensive car like that but then let everyone know you still live with your parents.

If you do move out after getting it, then you are just using your parents and wasting 2 years all for a car that you could get in an extra couple years?
I'm not sure if that made any sense at all but I hope there is a point there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
You're getting a Lambo? That's it, I'm going to jettison the $25,000 C-Class and get a freakin' XFR. I'll have a hole in a wall apartment and a flashy car just out of college, just like my parents(No TV, no Furniture, but brand-new Italian car)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@LRooke wrote
You're getting a Lambo? That's it, I'm going to jettison the $25,000 C-Class and get a freakin' XFR. I'll have a hole in a wall apartment and a flashy car just out of college, just like my parents(No TV, no Furniture, but brand-new Italian car)

If you are referring to your future Jaguar, it is British not Italian.

Edit: And if you are getting one, you might as well go all in - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Ministerial_Car_%28United_Kingdom%29 .
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke

@g93 wrote

@LRooke wrote

Edit: And if you are getting one, you might as well go all in - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Ministerial_Car_%28United_Kingdom%29 .

I'm referring to my parents. Jaguars were old and doddery in the late eighties.

Ha! That looks way better than O'Bama's ride.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@LRooke wrote

@g93 wrote

@LRooke wrote

I'm referring to my parents. Jaguars were old and doddery in the late eighties.

Ha! That looks way better than O'Bama's ride.

Better looking and faster, yes.

But Obama's ride is a tank.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@link wrote

Before 30, yeah, you'll get the odd person (mostly athletes, musicians, and movie stars) who can afford a car like the Gallardo. Two years after finishing your degree is a different story.

That aside, I hope your dad is willing to refinance his house. A bank won't just hand you a car loan for ~225k, unless your income is very high and you're in good financial standing or you can put a lot down.

Also, I'd consider a RX350 to be a middle-class vehicle. Pretty much a soccer mom van.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LRooke LRooke
Median middle-class family income is what, $42K? Call it $60K, with $50K cash in hand.

A RX costs $55K with tax. No way a family of four with $60K household gross can afford that as a mommy wagon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0