yconic - Dreams of Law School
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Dreams of Law School

A photo of Educationisamust Educationisamust
It is my dream to, i am now in 2nd yr university, but b4 I decided on university I took a paralegal course and a law clerk course which helped me out a lot. Now I know where to find the law if I need it, how to read and understand it...etc. This is what worked for me.
Some students apply for law school with degrees in music, dance...take whatever interests you in university, that way yr marks will b high. Don't take subjects that bore u, it won't work. Law schools don't really choose ppl based on just their major, its yr marks that really count. Can u handle the work, will u b able to understand work @ a grad school lever, taht sore of thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah

@Educationisamust wrote
It is my dream to, i am now in 2nd yr university, but b4 I decided on university I took a paralegal course and a law clerk course which helped me out a lot. Now I know where to find the law if I need it, how to read and understand it...etc. This is what worked for me.
Some students apply for law school with degrees in music, dance...take whatever interests you in university, that way yr marks will b high. Don't take subjects that bore u, it won't work. Law schools don't really choose ppl based on just their major, its yr marks that really count. Can u handle the work, will u b able to understand work @ a grad school lever, taht sore of thing.

By the way, Educationisamust, education [size=7]is[/size] a must.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Educationisamust wrote

What about grammar and spelling?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Grammar, spelling...taht sore of thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yeah, education sure is a must. Especially when you're in your second year of university AND you've already done TWO career courses and you still can't form a coherent paragraph. Holy crap...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JennaLynMarie JennaLynMarie
I'll be graduating from high school this year and am wondering what degree would look best if I have the intentions of applying to law school after my undergraduate degree?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of canta93loupe canta93loupe
^ Law schools don't care what you majored in. Just do study something that you are interested in and do really, REALLY well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of slinger7 slinger7

@Educationisamust wrote

Can i really trust what you're saying.? I realize it's the internet but really, can't you spell somewhat better.? It's not too difficult to add in the extra letters to make a full word.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kclarke kclarke
I'm graduating this year and I'm really excited to kick start my future, as corny as that sounds. My latest career goal is to become a lawyer, like my grandfather (and the corny doesn't stop). I could always change my mind, but I think I've become solid in my decision. Plus, who doesn't want to look killer in a high fashion business suit taking down the bad guys. *Laughing* I know being a lawyer isn't as glamorous as they make it out to be on TV but I think I'm mentally stable enough to handle it. I'm sure I'm stable, in fact. It's going to be a hard road and lots of work!! BRING IT ON!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hustler883 hustler883
for law school does it matter which university you graduated from and program?(guelph,windsor,uoit) let say you have a 3.7/4 gpa from guelph vs a 2.9gpa from Uoft.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted