yconic - Dropping out at Christmas break; how to I stop from paying the second half of my tuition?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Dropping out at Christmas break; how to I stop from paying the second half of my tuition?

A photo of fr34k3r fr34k3r
This program is not for me and I'm not interested in continuing at this school. Do I need to go to the registrar's office and tell them to stop payment to me so that I don't have to chase OSAP down, or should I just take the loan, pay the tuition and use the rest?

I ask because I'm assuming that since I already got 60% of my loan for the first semester, and I'm due to get the other 40% in January.

Help?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of kraken kraken
yeah, pay the loan back and don't pay your tuition. if you accept it and aren't actually using it for school you could get in trouble (eg not being able to get osap for future programs)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
You need to tell the school and OSAP that you're dropping out. You won't be charged tuition, you won't get the extra 40%, and I think you might have to start repaying the loan, but I'm not sure. You can't just take the loan, pay the tuition and not attend, because then you'll fail your classes, which will harm your chances of going back if you ever wanted to or getting more OSAP in the future.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Eliza0220 Eliza0220
give back the osap money that you are not using before you leave school.
i didnt do that and now im learning my lesson. i cant get osap at my new school because i got 60% of my osap, used it and now im stuck with an "overward" as NATIONAL STUDENT LOAN would call it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0